Vivendi has no say....

I'm going to try to go to Valve today dressed as the g-man and see if I can get some answers.

Originally posted by Goombatommy
I think this. Valve should make one last announcement about the relase date sometime this week - about it coming out on 9/30, and then the rest of the community can SHUTUP and see what the game has to offer come 9/30. As in let Valve answer that one last question, then let them finish the job.

Why should they have to say anything at all though? They said Sept. 30th and never said any other date. You'd think that would be enough for people...

For all of you out there that will be totally devistated if HL2 isn't released... take a look at these picsand tell me who will be more devistated.

My fav is the boat thru the post :p

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
For all of you out there that will be totally devistated if HL2 isn't released... take a look at these picsand tell me who will be more devistated.

My fav is the boat thru the post :p

That red pickup vs the mining truck.....ouch.

I think this. Valve should make one last announcement about the relase date sometime this week - about it coming out on 9/30, and then the rest of the community can SHUTUP and see what the game has to offer come 9/30. As in let Valve answer that one last question, then let them finish the job.

Totally agree with you. It's going to be pretty antsy until we hear word though. Jitters, Jitters!

crumbles

Originally posted by crumbles
Totally agree with you. It's going to be pretty antsy until we hear word though. Jitters, Jitters!

crumbles

Ha ha ha, I love youre name Crumbles :) made me smile. :D

You know nothing has changed. We've known that Vivendi have been telling retailers November for MONTHS. Even before ECTS.

And Gabe himself said that he didn't know where the November date came from.

We'll wait and see.

I think this. Valve should make one last announcement about the relase date sometime this week - about it coming out on 9/30...
It wouldn't change anything. You'd still have people like Planet Half-Life's Fagmaster writing little editorials about how Valve is lying and that they game really won't come out on time despite Valve's latest statement.

Originally posted by Mountain Man
It wouldn't change anything. You'd still have people like Planet Half-Life's Fagmaster writing little editorials about how Valve is lying and that they game really won't come out one time despite Valve's latest statement.

lmao, yes, but what can you do? :(

They stated at ects that "its gonna be close, but we think we should make the original release date"

There have obviously been problems, not least the huge amount of additonal coding the NV3x path required, if it slips, we should hear it from VALVe first, they didn't have time to quosh the rumours tat people started after the miscommunication at Vivendi, so they just left it, because they hadn't stated anymore dates themselves, it also had a side effect of more publicity.

it will come out sept 30th, think of hwo much bad pub it will gew otherwise

Originally posted by Slug

Yeah guys, just think for the headlines! "PC GAME FAILS TO MAKE RELEASE DATE!!! NASDAQ IN CHAOS!! PRESIDENT DECLARES NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY!!"

Have you been following the game industry? At all? At any time in the past ten years? Cause it doesn't sound like it.

Originally posted by dscowboy
Yeah guys, just think for the headlines! "PC GAME FAILS TO MAKE RELEASE DATE!!! NASDAQ IN CHAOS!! PRESIDENT DECLARES NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY!!"

Have you been following the game industry? At all? At any time in the past ten years? Cause it doesn't sound like it.

Anything is possible heheh

Originally posted by Slug

What publicity? Valve hasn't really done any advertising at all yet...If they do any aside from their partnership with ATi. I wonder whats keeping them..

Back