Voice communications (K)

Ninja_Gaiden

Reaction score
I want to know how to use this thing. I have mic and i want to use it while i am playing with my friends. I would like to know if there are special setting for it in CS:S. I press K but they dont hear me so could any oe help me please.

I know maybe some of you dont like this thing but I think it is better than writing while playing, many times i stop and write and get killed because of it.

so any one like to use it ??????????

You can never really understand a shit anyways. Don't use it unless you're playing "pro". And if you are, use ventrilo instead... It's only annoying, I always turn it off.

Can you hear yourself in your speakers when you talk? If not its somethin to do with your audio settings.

If you don't know this already, heres how u check ur mic...

Start> Settings> Control Panel... Sounds and Audio Devices.

in the new window, click the Audio Tab, then click the Volume... button under SOUND RECORDING. This should bring up your mixers.

Then select the input where your mic is. Either MICROPHONE or LINE IN. click the select box at the bottom.

test as needed.

Yeah as Putz said, though Counter-strike: Source has an inbuilt test function. If you want to test your mic for online play, load up CSS, then goto options, Voice, et cetera. When in there click the "Test Voice" Button, and then speak into your microphone freely. If you can't hear a repeat of your voice coming through your speakers about 1 second later, then there's something wrong with it.

Also Mikademius is partly right, as microphones on CSS have a terrible quality, and thus make almost any command indistinguishable from static. I would suggest sticking to the tooltip unless you're in a clan match, in which case use ventrilo :).

Hope that helps.
-Dekstar

thanks for your help. I think it will help me in clan match alot it is fast than typing. thinks again.

The sound is rarely crap on my end... I use the CS:S built-in voice comm... and the quality for the most part is great... And when speaking, what i'm trying to say is usualyl understood by the team... in most cases even i could use CS:S as an alternative to a long distance call to my bro who lives in DC. It all has to do with Latency.

Do the current source models have the mouth movements when the mic is being used, like in 1.6?

The compression in HL2 destroys my voice though - When I record in sound recorder I sound fine, but in HL2 I sound like I'm mumbling through a gag underwater. Is there any way to decrease audio compression or fiddle with the settings? Maybe a console option?

top dog i dont think so but that will probobly come in time

yeah, dont the ts and cts have masks on? so you cant really see movement oo;

I try the voice communication in CS 1.6 and only one team can here me so is there any way to let both team T and CT to here me.

when you are alive only your team can hear you, when you die everyone who is dead can hear you.
The CSS inbuilt voice com does work but you have to have your mic levels set up just right and get the position just right while your talking into it. Then the only way of knowing if everyone is hearing what you are saying is to ask while you are playing, but unless you are playing with freinds, you'll have a hard time getting any help
(always remember to check with a typed question aswell as if people cant hear what your saying they won't be able to answer the question, then again they may just be ignoring you or have muted you:E)

Also check if you have the following lines in your config-

sv_voiceenable "1"
voice_forcemicrecord "1"
voice_enable "1"
voice_scale "1"
voice_modenable "1"
bind "k" "+voicerecord"

Ninja_Gaiden said:
I want to know how to use this thing. I have mic and i want to use it while i am playing with my friends. I would like to know if there are special setting for it in CS:S. I press K but they dont hear me so could any oe help me please.

I know maybe some of you dont like this thing but I think it is better than writing while playing, many times i stop and write and get killed because of it.

so any one like to use it ??????????

Just use teamspeak... :burp:

Don't bother use out of game voice comms :) such as ventrillo or ts2 if u need a ts2 server drop by #emulated on irc (quakenet) servers start at about £5

exodusuk said:
Don't bother use out of game voice comms :) such as ventrillo or ts2 if u need a ts2 server drop by #emulated on irc (quakenet) servers start at about £5
it's fooking cheap :naughty:

Back