Vortigaunts are allies because...(spoilers from hl2 only)

capteeni

Reaction score
in the train station at the beginning where you first time meet first vortigaunt, who will incease your energy sayd to my after some "e" binding this " we all serve the same mystery". i then played map again and this time i clearly saw how in tv which was in the table was spawned Gman, but when you falled in that red van or something i noticed that vortigaunt shuted thadt tv with his energy field and lets go into my theory: Resistance and vortigaunts serve to gman (whatever he is) for something(freedom?) and gman has leaded Vortigaunts to be a ally with humans and second point Odessa seems to know gman somehow, but he didnt tell you in whole game about him. so i want to hear your opinion about this and sorry for my english its not my native you know... :bounce:

It is possible. After you freed the vortigaunts from the clutches of the Nihilanth, they were forever grateful to Freeman. However, as Freeman was in stasis for 5-10 years, they served the next closest person to you, who was the Gman at the time.

Well, not necessarily ALL Vortigaunts are your allies - only the ones stranded on Earth. They had the choice of keep fighting with us humans, and get squashed by the Combine, or team up with us and fight back against this new oppressor.

-Angry Lawyer

But aren't they a hive mind sort?
They share memories, why not friendship?

This may indicate more than just the cooperation of Vortigaunts and the G-Man. The Resistance cooperates with the G-Man, so do the Vorts. But the question is, why did the Vort in that wagon communicate to the G-Man using that TV? Was G-Man giving orders? Or what? And why did the Vort shut off the TV once you dropped in? Perhaps the G-Man is in some way related to the Vortigaunt hive mind.

Solver said:
This may indicate more than just the cooperation of Vortigaunts and the G-Man. The Resistance cooperates with the G-Man, so do the Vorts. But the question is, why did the Vort in that wagon communicate to the G-Man using that TV? Was G-Man giving orders? Or what? And why did the Vort shut off the TV once you dropped in? Perhaps the G-Man is in some way related to the Vortigaunt hive mind.
its differently very strange because in hl1 gman want you kill vorgs and in vorgs are youre allies and yes they respect you because you freed them from nihilanth.
another thing i see some pond between gman and vortinaughts. Its seems they are more mysterious than we thought :(

The G-Man doesn't want you to kill Vorts in HL1. He wants you to stop Nihilanth. It's simply that you had to kill Vorts to do that. Just like Vorts had to attack you and Black Mesa, even though they never wanted to - but they were controlled by Nihilanth.

If the G-Man is a Vortigaunt himself in some form (I'm starting to think it might be possible), then he would have wanted you to stop Nihilanth so that the Xen Vortigaunts could become free.

if he is Vortigaunt then he seems to be very smart or even smarter than them all, BTW im starting to thing too that gman could be vorg, his face is very similar
to vortigaunts fave, but humankind one(mask?)maybe.

He might not be simply a Vortigaunt, but a manifestation of their hive conscioussness, or some form of their evolution, something like that. One Vort says "we serve the same mystery", G-Man clearly has some connections to Vorts and he also has a strange way of speaking. If he is a Vortigaunt, in some way at least, then we can also expect that he doesn't really care much for Gordon or Earth, but just wants to make the Vortigaunts' life better.

gman is a mysterious character so valve wanted give him mysterious accent and if this accent is a part of storyline i assume he's not a human.

G-MAN BEING A VORT??
it makes sense, or maybe he is part of a race that has bought the freedom of the vorts, tried to buy it off Nillianith but he wouldn't accept, so after BM they went in for the chance.

Having the Vorts and Gordan helping the Rebels...
The G-Man's race / angency seems to want Earth to be free, using the Vorts and Gordan to free them...

G-Man is human.
The Evidence, he looks human.

The counter-evidence.
He talks strangely.

My response.
Have you ever been to Newcastle?

Jandor said:
G-Man is human.

The counter-evidence.
He talks strangely.

My response.
his face could be a mask and no i havent been in newcastle if you mean its town or village? btw there is no evidence who is he, but your theory is welcome :bounce:

Or maybe he's just has a stroke, and hasn't got very good control of his speech.

-Angry Lawyer

Jandor said:
G-Man is human.

The counter-evidence.
He talks strangely.

My response.
More like have you ever been to England init (short for isn't it [short is it not?])

G-Man obviously has evolved to something much more then what he was in the first game, but for the first game he was a comment to FPS. He's guiding you and choosing for you. Running you through a maze. Some people think he's representing God, or something to that effect, but maybe he's representing the writter Gabe, and Gabe is the god of this world he's programed. Probably took more then 7 days though.

God made the world in 6 days acording to the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament.

Notice in HL1 and in the train station where u see the vort. sweeping, they have those wierd green manacles around limbs and neck? Yet the vortigauts of the resistance have none?
In the models directory 4 SDK, there's 2 vort. models. 1 of them is titled 'vortigaunt_slave', or something like that...

Rennmniscant said:
Notice in HL1 and in the train station where u see the vort. sweeping, they have those wierd green manacles around limbs and neck? Yet the vortigauts of the resistance have none?
In the models directory 4 SDK, there's 2 vort. models. 1 of them is titled 'vortigaunt_slave', or something like that...
The ones in the train startion are gray, not green they are slave collars they control the vortigaunts and the resistance vorts are free.

Back