Walmart Rocks!

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
I just picked up Freedom Fighters and Mafia.....both for $4.99!

Two excellent games for a measly 10 bucks. Thanks Walmart!

wow, that's a really good find, eb is selling mafia for 29.99, gonna have to go to wal-mart sometime and see if they have anything interesting at the budget bin

Wow, I should put Walmart rocks in my sig, I know I won't hear that again.

wal-mart is indeed the anti-christ, and there's surely been some foul blackmagic involved in these happenings... burn them and redeem your soul.

I boycot albums sold at walmart... (Not that I would want anything they have, besides the classics..) I try not to buy games there either. I'd rather go to Software Etc.

Hey department stores offen sell games $10 - $20 dollers cheaper (AUD) than other stores like EB, i always go to them first so i might get the same game cheaper. i dont know why people despise them...

...and they obviously give some sort of sexuall satisfaction, for nw909 anyway. So who are you to deny him that :D

Boycotting all music sold at Walmart will make you run out of CDs fast. :D

I love walmart I got GTA: VC for $38 the day it came out.

Direwolf said:
Boycotting all music sold at Walmart will make you run out of CDs fast. :D

Uh, most of it is mainstream anyways. I enjoy the classics, like Zeppelin, Sabbath, old jazz artists, and some other stuff. To be honest, i'm what most call an "indie fag". I'm obsessed with finding music i've never heard before, or stuff that's just plain bizzare. Most of my collection you could not find in a Walmart or even most music shops that sell alot of major label material. The main reason I don't buy music at Walmart is just cause I don't particularly like the way they censor language in music. Even if it's music I don't like or probably won't even buy, I feel they should leave it the way it was intended, instead of overwriting with annoying bleeps and bloops. Alot of people buy albums there thinking they aren't censored (as most walmart's seem to not put the warnings on all their albums), then find out and want to return it.. but uh oh, Wallyworld won't give a refund.

But, er.. I see where you caught me. :D I didn't mean it that way.. Just meant I don't buy music there.

too bad there's no Wal-Marts around here. Even if there were and I bought two games for $10 I would have to live with the fact that I enforce and support a giant corporation that mistreats millions and millions of people around the entire world...and I'm a conservative.. lol

It's not bad for old games that have been around for awhile. But I hate it when a less popular game comes out and it takes them more than a month to get it.

burnzie said:
i dont know why people despise them...

I despise Wal-Mart because they use some very underhanded business practices.

Whatever guys...it's not like I'm a regular customer or anything. I just happened to find two awesome games for 5 bucks each. Sure, Walmart may be kinda evil but I can see how they do so well when they can afford to sell games like these for so cheap.

ShadowFox said:
I despise Wal-Mart because they use some very underhanded business practices.

I was talking about department stores in general. im australian so i dont know much about walmart. sorry, I wasnt very clear in what I ment.

nw909 said:
Walmart satisfies all my wildest sexual desires.
Same. Because the lowest price is the law! (I know it's not Walmart's slogan)

i swear ... david copper field and walmart are the two most demonic things on the face of the earth! lol

PEACE

Mike

it depends on which walmart's u're talking about, the one in my neighour sucks, it has nothing to sell, not even doom3

walmart... :LOL:

last time i went there, i wanted a mountain dew... so i go to the machine, put my $.75 and press the mountain dew button.... i get a sierra mist... i reluctantly drink it and swear to my friend i will get a mountain dew from that machine

I'm on my way out of the store and i go to the machine again, put in my $.75, and as i'm about to push the 2nd mountain dew button (not the one i pushed before) he goes "i wish it would accidentally give you a dr. pepper.".... :|, it gives me a dr. pepper

he pays me $.50 for it (wouldn't give me the $.75... "used merchandise") and i left walmart angrily never to visit it again

Thats funny about the soda. While Wal-Mart apparently underpays their employees (below what they signed up for), they offer their customers a positive experience. I went to Best Buy to preorder Doom III a while ago, becaues the advertisement in store read:
Come see us for the 10:30pm release of Doom III
Monday August 2nd.

I went to the store at that time and they were closed. I spoke to the manager at the front door and he yelled at me to leave, and that the sign in the store (which used the word us, as in this location) meant the store in Westfield. I was ripped pissed! So the next day I went to return my preorder because of this false, deceptive advertising, but they wouldnt take it back. The manager was pretty much ignoring my complaint as she attended to other customers, who happened to share the same color of skin. In the end she said that she wouldn't take it back after I told her from every angle there was false advertising, and the wrong release date.

The bottom line is that I will never shop at Best Buy again, and please join me.

Back