Wanda and Collosus - For Fans of Ico

Icarusintel

Reaction score
This is from the same team that did Ico, this is what was rumored to be Nico, but without the characters from the last one, though the setting looks familiar as do the clothing styles. This game looks absolutely amazing, what they're doing on the PS2 is stunning, just look at the screenshots. I think what the Wanda and Collosus team, along with the MGS3 team, is more impressive than Doom 3 in many ways, they're seriously pushing the PS2 hardware and using it in ways I never thought possible. I thought Ico was amazing, and still do, really, it's one of the most beautiful games on any system, and it had a great story to boot, but Wanda and Collosus is truly looking like a work of art, a masterpiece.
Two links:
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wanda/index.html
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550778p1.html

I've been reading about this - excellent news.

ICO is the one game that makes owning a PS2 worthwhile (one of very few imo) Games as beautiful as this come around once a decade. This 'sequal' has much to live up to.

I do agree that this game makes owning a ps2 worthwhile 'cos ICO was brilliant. I don't agree that it's one of the few games that make a ps2 worth owning. There are plenty of games worth owning for the ps2 and plenty more still to be released.

Absolutely stunning... I wish games would look more like this. To bad some developers are so lazy just wanting to release their games, and not really putting energy on it like SCEI do.

ICO is the nicest game I own on my PS2, just too bad it's so short.

wanda-and-colossus-20040924011145429.jpg

wanda-and-colossus-20040924011131055.jpg

:eek:

Loke said:
Absolutely stunning... I wish games would look more like this. To bad some developers are so lazy just wanting to release their games, and not really putting energy on it like SCEI do.

ICO is the nicest game I own on my PS2, just too bad it's so short.

wanda-and-colossus-20040924011145429.jpg

wanda-and-colossus-20040924011131055.jpg

:eek:

Is that ingame?

Whats ICO? :bounce: I've got a PS2, had it for ages...is this a good game i've missed somehow!.. O_O

On topic - They are ingame :O It looks amazing!. What type of game is it?

ICO is great, and the graphics are unbelievable. Although I don't think it's quite up to par with MGS3, both games will be great.

The PS2 is definitely doing much better this year than certainly the other consoles, and IMO PC as well.

Ico is one of my favourite games I have for the PS2. The setting of this new one looks pretty interesting, looks like you can roam around a largeish area on horseback.

Alig said:
Whats ICO? I've got a PS2, had it for ages...is this a good game i've missed somehow!.. O_O

On topic - They are ingame It looks amazing!. What type of game is it?

I had to ask behind the desk to get my copy of it... stupid stores. Go buy this game NOW.

Wow, glad to see support for ICO, what is perhaps the greatest and most original game for PS2, at least IMHO, can't wait for Wanda and Collosus

Hell yeah. I think ICO is as close to a work of art that the videogame industry has yet produced.

Back