Want that snazzy new medgun? Give me 10 million heal points muhwahahaha!

Operational

Reaction score
Johnson: Even with a small number of [unlockable] items, your playing time is going to be the limiting factor, you're just not going to be able to get them all. One of the new Medic achievements is to heal ten million points - that's like three months of pretty intense healing.

Walker: There's one guy in the world who's got that right now.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185321

There are 36 medic achievements with an unlockable items after the completion of 12, 24 and 36.
This achievement (which is probably going to stand in the way of the last unlockable) seems a little harsh to me, granted it should take some time to get all the items unlocked but should it really require this much class-specialization to get them?

"One of the new Medic achievements is to heal ten million points"

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Awesome!

/me starts healing.

Does anyone have any general idea of the number of points per second?

It does sound like one of the more basic achievements. You don't have to particularly think about what you have to do. So I guess they just make up for it with quantity

I hope that one will be "xxxxx damage with spy in one round".

I've done 20k damage with the spy in one round :p

Each 'checkpoint' of the achievements unlocks a new weapon. 12 unlocks a new one. 24 unlocks a new one. 36 unlocks a new one. One for each weapon space. One upgrade to Syringe gun. One for Medi-gun and One for Bonesaw. Simple, done.

Where do you see how much you've healed so far?

If you average 20,000 points healed per game, it will take you 500 hours to reach a total of ten million points healed. That's a LOT of TF2, like a ridiculous amount.

If you average 20,000 points healed per game, it will take you 500 hours to reach a total of ten million points healed. That's a LOT of TF2, like a ridiculous amount.

You mean 20,000 points per hour.

Dunno, it would be interesting to see how many points you'd get per night if a few friends got together and left themselves healing overnight.

If it's not already a necessary variable on every server, Valve would quickly introduce an "afk kick" or similar.

Besides, you can do similar with any achievement. It just takes all the fun away from it :hmph:

It's not a stat that we have access to yet.

It might never be. We might simply get a progress bar similar to the current head-shot and healing achievements there. Which means if you ever get over 10 million heal points, you'd no longer have access to the stat.

And would people have to start from scratch when the new achievements come in?

I doubt the heal point achievement is that high, that is just insane...

And would people have to start from scratch when the new achievements come in?

I hope not. But I get the feeling we will. I put in a heck of a lot of time as my main man medic and to start from scratch?...

ugh *grabs medi-gun* alright, who needs some f'kin healing!?

I think he really meant there is only one person in the world who's healed that much. So i suppose we are not starting from scratch.

The interview is only a week old, it certainly reflects their current plans.

are all the unlockable weapons going to be released at once?

If not, that will be hell on class balance. "New medic unlockable released!!" suddenly 82% of all players are medics.

I can't wait! I want to spend the next 8 months only playing medic and only using my healing gun! Yeah! That's what I want!

Mmmm.... Looks like only ultra-nerds will have access to the final secret weapon.

Oh god I hate medic, but this just turned the tide.

500 hours?

According to my stats ive only played TF2 a couple of days since launch.

Whoever gets that achievement must have no life.

Besides, you can do similar with any achievement. It just takes all the fun away from it :hmph:
There's nothing fun about standing around and healing for 500 hours :x
I think I've played medic for three hours or something total.

Back