War of the Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmedCanadian

Reaction score
My favorite story of all time would be none other then war of the worlds. Its about aliens from mars come to earth and build huge war machines and begin feeding on humans. I’m sure your all familiar with these machines since the strider is basically from war of the worlds. It started off as a radio show, then a movie then songs and musical versions of the broadcast. From what I’ve seen and heard theirs a new movie coming out this summer with Tom Cruise, you can check it out at www.waroftheworlds.com.
But lets get to the point now. I want to start a war of the worlds mod. But obviously I can't make it myself. It can be both single player and multiplayer. In single player you play as the English Report and survive the brutal attacks from mars. You do everything, from approaching the cylinder where you see your first Martian to ending up with that soldier in his “world under ground”. Except in this version of War of the Worlds you pick up weapons and have to fight these Martian bas*erds. Of course we still see all the great battles such as the “Thunder Child” the ship that fights one of the Martians and well, heh I won’t spoil it. 
Now lets get to business. I alone can’t make this mod that’s where any of you willing to help me make this comes in. I can use hammer, and textures and all that, and I’ll probably start working on it right after this thread. If you can make decent models, maps, codes, and even a website I need you. I am completely serious and I’ll be dedicated to making this. If you can help me make this mod and will be dedicated to it as I am you can join me make one of HL2s greatest mod and the best War of the Worlds Game.

War of the worlds is probably copyrighted and that would give you legal issues down the line have you though of this

Yeah,the IP for war of the world is owned, I'm pretty sure, by Jeff Wayne.
In order to avoid legal issues, you're better off coming up with your own premise.

Yep I was thinking about that while I was making that first thread of mine. That last thing I need is to be sued, and I’ll bet 1000 bucks they won’t give me permission to make it for free since they have this big movie coming out. So that’s where creativity comes into play.
I’m just dishing out ideas here so don’t judge them too hard, and of course I’ll consider any of your ideas. How about somewhere along the lines as “The Second World War in 1914”. Earth’s been being watched by Aliens for hundreds of years, waiting for a world wide conflict to distract them making a perfect opportunity for the aliens own invasion. Of course some of you will be saying “if the aliens have been watching them for hundreds of years why not attack when they used swords opposed to guns?” Aliens are over confidant in themselves and find the conflict between a world even more important then guns. The Aliens attack in 1916 for the first time. They land in all major countries, Germany, Britain, France, Russia, Italy and Austria-Hungary. The Invasion begins and the humans are quickly losing both wars. In single player you play as a soldier in one of these countries, I’m not sure which to choose from Britain, Germany or France. Multiplayer I could have a little fun and make it Britain Vs Germany Vs Aliens which would play as the multiplayer earlier in the war then later in the war a world wide alliance merges. So you can have 2 types of multiplayer, the second one being Britain and Germany Vs Aliens.
I think that’s an all right start. I wouldn’t want it to be WW2 because why would the Aliens wait for a Second World War where they can attack at the first? Plus how are they to know they will even have a Second World War? Anyway tell me your thoughts about my idea and yours, and if your willing to help me.

I am confused. I think you got history mixed up or maybe I do. I though that the First World War started 1914 and Second World War started 1939 so name like “The Second World War in 1914” is very confusing. Another thing is that Germany was part of Austria-Hungary during WW1. Now what did you mean by “humans are quickly losing both wars”. You see there are only two side’s aliens and humans. So did you mean allies losing both wars? Also you are limiting yourself with human weapons if war is happening during WW1 or WW2. There is no need for humans vs. humans in multiplayer because DOD has done a grate job so that would be repetition. Now personally I would make the war in future just because of weapons. I think you are going to have a hard time making human and aliens weapons even out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back