WAREZ PLAYAZ!!! Out of control !!!!

$

$h@dow

The ammount of warez players on the servers is IMO getting out of control.
They don't deserve to play, and it's not fair on people who have paid for their copy of HL2.

I was on some big servers tonight and out of 32 players, 14 had an illegal copy of CS:S (Or thats what they claimed), so i changed servers, only to find that the majority of the players on this server were all boasting about having illegal versions.

Damn annoying if you ask me, and i hope that valve will find a way to stop these players.
Maybe implement some kind of daily updates, or file checks.

It seems that valve haven't really done there homework in this area and It will be the same for HL2. Within days of HL2 being released, thousands of people will be DL'ing it via P2P and Bit torrent.

How does everyone else feel about this???

It's not like nobody of those warez kiddies are not gonna buy the game, you can't play illegal for 3 years.
And besides alot off people don't have a creditcard so they are curious so they download the illegal untill the official release hits the stores.
Just don't let it bother you, valve ain't losing much money believe me...

Have I seen this thread before?

I was on some big servers tonight and out of 32 players, 14 had an illegal copy of CS:S (Or thats what they claimed), so i changed servers, only to find that the majority of the players on this server were all boasting about having illegal versions.

Damn annoying if you ask me, and i hope that valve will find a way to stop these players.

I swear to all that is holy I've read that before.

Deja vu.

It is annoying. :flame: Just relax, though, and remember that there's nothing like money to motivate people, especially a company, to do something. Valve will do all they can to fight pirates.

arggg :( i hate this
i saw the gabe with a drumstick in his hand spray for the first time.:(

There will never really be an end to this. Valve will win in a day then the pirates win the next day

Just wait until all those Warez players develop hacks. It'll be really fun then. X_X

there already are hacks for CS:Source...I don't think they are widespread..yet..
but VAC2 should be coming along and throwing them to the crap,I mean cracked servers..

let them all cheat with each other I say!!

Why do you guys care if others play a pirated version anyways? If you paid for yours then just take pride in that rather making yourselfs feel bad.. let valve worry about all the warez bs..

Why dont you cry a little more. It was quite ingenious of them, and valve was stupid to allow an exploit like that.

Not saying I've played it, I've played the real one, but it doesnt bother me that they can play it.
Valve is aware of it, and will obviously fix it in time, dont get your panties in a bunch.

im not worried at all about warez cs, just a tad worried about cheats for it. im really enjoying it now because of the lack of cheats, i fear that when cheaters come back to town for cs:s it will just be like 1.6 all over again :(

Hey guys, dont worry, if you bought it your all good. Cause when they ban all the idiots that tied CS:S to their main accounts. Only legetimate players will be able to play.

somebody needs to call the waaaaaaahmbulance

-merc

anyone notice how all the warez guys on servers, are the ones spamming their mics and being general dickwads?

at least I have

why the hell do u care if they have the warez or not??
if they didnt tell u, u wouldnt even know it :/

I hope they all get banned, and locked out of steam.

Milo 7 said:
why the hell do u care if they have the warez or not??
if they didnt tell u, u wouldnt even know it :/

actually you can tell by the decal they spray.

$h@dow said:
The ammount of warez players on the servers is IMO getting out of control.
They don't deserve to play, and it's not fair on people who have paid for their copy of HL2.

It seems that valve haven't really done there homework in this area and It will be the same for HL2. Within days of HL2 being released, thousands of people will be DL'ing it via P2P and Bit torrent.

How does everyone else feel about this???
I hope they all get ****ed up the arse tbh.

the reason we care, for those that dont know, is that we feel cheated.

why should we all pay $50 for a great game, only for its online playing community of scutters (warez players) to ruin it. They dont worry bout TKing, because they didnt pay. Also, if valve lets people get away with not paying (by not blocking them) then it just encourages it.

I think valve should introduce a content checking system or whatever they need, to stop warez players.

its not on, and its valve's responsibillity to its customers, to stop the freeloaders from enjoying $50 of software which others payed for.

I think in a perverse way this will help Valve, because tbh i'm sure they dont care so much about people pirating CS:S as they would people getting hold of HL2 within a day or two of its release. What i mean is that there will be a lot they will learn from looking at the EMPORiO crack, so when they decide the time has come to patch CS:S to make it unplayable for non-legit users, thats another hole in Steam closed.

I'm not trying to say that Valve will make Steam unbeatable, but after each security issue is fixed it should (in theory) make further cracks harder and harder to design.

poseyjmac said:

lol really?

but anyways u stilll should care about them that much,
and saying that they ruin ur game is just silly.
its not only warez ppl that tk or spam voice chats etcetc.
theres plenty of morons that buy the game that do dumb shit.
just because u warez a game doesnt make u evil =D :p

and i dont think they play for very long they will problably get blocked off or something.
with ut2003 there were a lot of warez ppl first to but after a month or something they were all removed.

it would be cool though if they will get their steam account banned :naughty: and they can never play a valve game again lol

but its valve's problem not your problem!

no not really... i thought they were all pretty decent, plus my best friend uses warez version.

richbayliss said:
the reason we care, for those that dont know, is that we feel cheated.

why should we all pay $50 for a great game, only for its online playing community of scutters (warez players) to ruin it. They dont worry bout TKing, because they didnt pay. Also, if valve lets people get away with not paying (by not blocking them) then it just encourages it.

I think valve should introduce a content checking system or whatever they need, to stop warez players.

its not on, and its valve's responsibillity to its customers, to stop the freeloaders from enjoying $50 of software which others payed for.

Hey I have preloaded hl2 fully and css and can't wait to buy it in stores, unfortunatly I can't buy it of steam cause I have no creditcard, would you feel cheated if until that time I used css cracked?

Grey Fox said:
Hey I have preloaded hl2 fully and css and can't wait to buy it in stores, unfortunatly I can't buy it of steam cause I have no creditcard, would you feel cheated if until that time I used css cracked?

yes.

but when you bought it, id have respect for the fact that you did. I have no probs with people trying a game using a warez version, then buying it. Its the people who dont buy it and continue to play that are scum.

:stare:

PS - I have no CC, i used a friends. You have friends right!? ;)

crap, i know this sucks alot..
but this emporio fatnerd-guy really made me angry now.
but i can remember valve banning alot of ******s who tried credit card fraude, and to play the beta ( hacked wise ).

so i dont really care ,.. because they will solve this problem but the question is WHEN. and my convidence in valve really died last few months.

Who cares if they pirate? Piracy does not affect sales as much as people think.

Doom 3 was one of the most pirated games ever (mostly due to horrible multiplayer support,) and yet sales numbers show it sold incredibly despite being a crappy game (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50983)

I pre-ordered the Silver Package of Half Life 2 even though I knew I could get CS:S and HL2 later on through my sources. It's not because I want to "help support" valve. They'll make big heaping stacks of money regardless of whether I buy or not. I did so because I didn't want to go through the hassle of tracking down and downloading 5 gigs worth of files just to play for a week or so before they impliment a validation server to kick unauthorized accounts.

So let them play. Would you rather have 50+ servers filled with players, or 15? I'd rather have some good competition (and n00b targets) than worry about sales figures. And honestly, when they do kick invalid users and they enjoyed their experience, they'll buy.

I am too afraid of incurring valves wrath. They are total whiney bitches when it comes to stolen copies. Hunting you down like a dog over a $30 game.

Actually it's a testiment to how much I don't care about CSs. I will play and DL whatever the hell I feel like most of the time. Besides I am not that impatient. Why risk getting banned and having to change my IP and e-mail. It would take all of 5 minutes. But that's MY DAMN 5 MINUTES ...NOT VALVES. hahaha.

Agian it all comes down to morals. whatever penalty that occurs will not dissuade those that are morally bankrupt. Hopefully when they implement the anti-cheat program it will detect and ban all non legit keys. Then we can play on servers not filled with the types of people that originally brought about the downfall of Counterstrike.

poseyjmac said:
Spphh, guess what..you can change the spray in the options menu. I know, I know, this is big news, but don't be too alarmed.

Many of these warez players may actually have payed for their copies of half-life 2. Yet for some reason Valve sees it fit to play favorites among their customers and let only the steam subscribers play Counter-Strike: Source. A good move financially, but pretty damn shady if you ask me. The kind of move that big bully companies like Microsoft make, not little working-class-hero companies like Valve is supposed to be. I pre-bought my copy of Half-Life 2 before Sept. 30 of last year and I'm not going to get my money back. Mostly because I want a tangible copy of the game. And I don't want to backup my Steam files either. CDRs vary in quality. I just want a factory-print copy that at least has a somewhat guaranteed level of quality. I've definitely burned backup CDs before only to find out months later when I actually needed them that they were faulty.

Anyway, I don't see any difference in the amount of money that customers through Steam and through retail have had to shell out personally, so I don't see any difference in a person who has prebought through steam and is playing legit right now and someone who has prebought through retail and is playing a warez version of source.

And no, I'm not playing a warez version. I'm sharing an ATI coupon with someone.

Oh yeah, and it'd be pretty interesting to know just how many people here have actually payed for the Microsoft OS they're running right now. My guess is alot less people than the ones that are hoping warez players get banned or sued.

wonkers said:
I am too afraid of incurring valves wrath. They are total whiney bitches when it comes to stolen copies. Hunting you down like a dog over a $30 game.

What a stupid comment. Strange how valve would care about a game _they_ made and a game _they_ deserve to profit from.

Methias said:
Many of these warez players may actually have payed for their copies of half-life 2. Yet for some reason Valve sees it fit to play favorites among their customers and let only the steam subscribers play Counter-Strike: Source. A good move financially, but pretty damn shady if you ask me.
You gave your money to the retailer. VAVLe has not seen a dime of your money. How are they supposed to know that you bought it, and how are you supposed to play when you dont have your key yet? Come on,. shadey? Give me a break! You did not even really spend your $50 yet; you could go back to the store and pick it up anytime.
:dozey:
As for the rest of this,. warez players are not all bad people. But I do think they should get kicked out, and believe wholeheartedly that they will (Hell, Gabe even said so himself). So why has VALVe not done it yet? Who knows,. maybe they just want to make sure they do it right, and in a semi-permanent fasion, instead of just starting a patch war with the warez groups.

Methias said:
Oh yeah, and it'd be pretty interesting to know just how many people here have actually payed for the Microsoft OS they're running right now. My guess is alot less people than the ones that are hoping warez players get banned or sued.

I cleaned up my act years ago.

Color me squeeky clean! all of my machines at home have their own registered copy of XP Home (Purchased from Mwave.com) and my other OS is equally legal (Knoppix)

BAN THEM WAREZ-MONKEYS!

Back