WAREZ PLAYAZ!!! Out of control !!!!

My copy of XP Pro is legal. Got it from the company my mom works for.

DarkSonic said:
Spphh, guess what..you can change the spray in the options menu. I know, I know, this is big news, but don't be too alarmed.

true, but not a lot of people are smart enough to do this. came across countless people with the gabe spray. but don't be too alarmed..

Most people only download the warez version simply because they don't have creditcard/don't want to buy it trough 'steam'.

Simply plain dumb move to release it first trough steam considering the warez thing, but hey VALVE is a company where any other: dont care about the customers as long as they get the money, understandable, ofcourse, but this also causes the negative things imo.

Oh and I'm buying it from the store.
Certainly hope they release it soon enough since it's indeed a nice game. :cheers:

Fi|voltage said:
Most people only download the warez version simply because they don't have creditcard/don't want to buy it trough 'steam'.

Simply plain dumb move to release it first trough steam considering the warez thing, but hey VALVE is a company where any other: dont care about the customers as long as they get the money, understandable, ofcourse, but this also causes the negative things imo.

Oh and I'm buying it from the store.
Certainly hope they release it soon enough since it's indeed a nice game. :cheers:

It isn't anyones fault that there is piracy, and it isn't the developers fault? What a wierd post as a first post. Who cares if there are warez playing the game?

:thumbs: Hmm, and you wonder why Half Life 2 isn't going to have a multiplayer? Valve is ****in' genius, they release Half Life 2 knowing everyone and their moms want the damned game, this also means a lot of people are goin' to pirate it. So they say, "****, it... let's not treat them with Half Life 2 MP, so what if the payers suffer!?" Since they also know a lot of the community would be bitchin' about it, they decide to add some quick shit; CS:S. Everyone also knows(mothers too) that CS is like basically a whole country populace playing it everyday, so they just add some enhancements, even if it were super little bit enhancements people would still play it. Everyone is happy, everyone forgets about HL2 MP, since they are playing CS:S and they just want HL2!

Or, maybe Valve just lied to us and really are going to drop a Hl2 MP.

I think their little CS:S gig, actually is a smart move. I used to never play CS... probably because I was so accustomed with MOH:AA and Ravenshield gameplay, but worstly the graphics. Now, CS:S... I play it like WHOA! WHY AM I PLAYING THIS!?!?

Obviously rather many does, if you would just take a look at this thread you would already notice a few.

f|uke said:
You gave your money to the retailer. VAVLe has not seen a dime of your money. How are they supposed to know that you bought it, and how are you supposed to play when you dont have your key yet? Come on,. shadey? Give me a break! You did not even really spend your $50 yet; you could go back to the store and pick it up anytime.
:dozey:
As for the rest of this,. warez players are not all bad people. But I do think they should get kicked out, and believe wholeheartedly that they will (Hell, Gabe even said so himself). So why has VALVe not done it yet? Who knows,. maybe they just want to make sure they do it right, and in a semi-permanent fasion, instead of just starting a patch war with the warez groups.

Mkay, you got me on this one. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, considering Valve has pending litigation right now concerning claims that they misled Vivendi into believing "incorrectly" one thing or another about the intended significance of Steam to the overall distribution of the game, it's pretty shady that they're offering Counter-Strike: Source in advance to Steam customers. That move would obviously give Steam sales a huge edge over what they would have been otherwise. I'd say that releasing CS:S in this way is going to prove to have been a bad move later down the line (as fair or unfair as that is). When it comes down to it, though. I personally am paying the same amount of money as Steam users for this game, and it just miffs me that I'm getting inferior treatment. It's true that there isn't really anything that can be done about it. There's no system in place to prove that I've prebought the game and the development of such a system would definitely be more hassle than it would be worth. All I guess I can really say is that there had better be some way for me to upgrade and get Half-Life and Day of Defeat: Source for a comparable price. Otherwise, I'll consider myself ripped off as I think anyone else would.

It's already dumb enough that I'm not getting Half-Life: Source with the retail box. As soon as I heard that they were going to be doing a port of Half-Life to the source engine, I knew that I wanted it. But I also knew that I wanted a hard copy of the game. In addition, I was not going to be paying the $30 extra dollars required to get it (cause it was reasonable to assume that it and a bunch of other stuff I didn't want would be included) in the collector's edition. So all I could really do was wait and hope it was included with the standard edition. Now that I've found out it's not, well....like I said, there'd better be a way to get it cheaply. Again, only having two widely seperated (price wise) retail options and 3 Steam options that are well distributed across the price range (and have much more bange for the buck at the higher end) is further ammunition that Vivendi would use in the battery that it's now fixing to aim at Valve. And whether or not Vivendi would be just in making their arguments towards Valve, it sure wasn't a smart move if Valve was looking to cover its ass.

wonkers said:
I am too afraid of incurring valves wrath. They are total whiney bitches when it comes to stolen copies. Hunting you down like a dog over a $30 game.

This post showed signs of ignorance and arrogance. You're totally right, it would be completely stupid for a company to hunt someone down who ripped a 30$ piece of software from them, totally stupid. Except it's not one person. Try 10,000 x $30.

There are MANY cheaters already in cs:s. I saw it with my own eye! They suck!

Methias said:
Mkay, you got me on this one. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, considering Valve has pending litigation right now concerning claims that they misled Vivendi into believing "incorrectly" one thing or another about the intended significance of Steam to the overall distribution of the game, it's pretty shady that they're offering Counter-Strike: Source in advance to Steam customers. That move would obviously give Steam sales a huge edge over what they would have been otherwise. I'd say that releasing CS:S in this way is going to prove to have been a bad move later down the line (as fair or unfair as that is). When it comes down to it, though. I personally am paying the same amount of money as Steam users for this game, and it just miffs me that I'm getting inferior treatment. It's true that there isn't really anything that can be done about it. There's no system in place to prove that I've prebought the game and the development of such a system would definitely be more hassle than it would be worth. All I guess I can really say is that there had better be some way for me to upgrade and get Half-Life and Day of Defeat: Source for a comparable price. Otherwise, I'll consider myself ripped off as I think anyone else would.

It's already dumb enough that I'm not getting Half-Life: Source with the retail box. As soon as I heard that they were going to be doing a port of Half-Life to the source engine, I knew that I wanted it. But I also knew that I wanted a hard copy of the game. In addition, I was not going to be paying the $30 extra dollars required to get it (cause it was reasonable to assume that it and a bunch of other stuff I didn't want would be included) in the collector's edition. So all I could really do was wait and hope it was included with the standard edition. Now that I've found out it's not, well....like I said, there'd better be a way to get it cheaply. Again, only having two widely seperated (price wise) retail options and 3 Steam options that are well distributed across the price range (and have much more bange for the buck at the higher end) is further ammunition that Vivendi would use in the battery that it's now fixing to aim at Valve. And whether or not Vivendi would be just in making their arguments towards Valve, it sure wasn't a smart move if Valve was looking to cover its ass.

Is that as shady as selling valves game and not giving valve the money for it? or trying to say that a game delay means that a previous contract is voided therefore you want the judge to force you into making 2 more games for said publisher. oh btw at the same time, we want the IP for half-life and for Source's(which includes steam) source code. Oh btw we only spent a few hundred K and you spent 40 million but that doesn't matter we want the technology IP. Oh and if you open your mouth to the community we have the right to delay the game for 6 months!

Hey have a nice day.

No need to worry, soon the Almighty Gabe shall smight these pitiful mortals,...WITH BANNINGS!!!

Back