Warhammer 40k : Space Marine

Yes, P2P is an awful, and for the long-term, probably fatal decision. The mic spam is just... I don't even know what to say. Poor testing, poor design, there is no excuse for that.

I can live with that for the gameplay though. Also plasma and laz cannons. Wtf.

I also am relishing the leveling and perk system, even if it a direct steal from the CoD series, it seems to fit in with this game and its style much better than it ever did in the aforementioned crap-a-thon. I just wish they had spent a little more time fleshing it out, maybe even extending it a little (a lot), so that it doesn't just take a week of solid play to get all of the unlocks and a max level character. More perks, more variety. Not to say more weapons necessarily, but sure, if they can pull it off and not jump the shark.

Ahh, maybe for the sequel. Cripes, its only been out a week and I already want a sequel.

I'm playing online too, think I had a game with you the other day Evo.

You did :D

But P2P and permanently on mics that you have to mute manually. Why isn't there a PTT button? Why isn't there a server browser?

Everything else was wonderfully converted to PC for an enjoyable play with mouse and keyboard and allows me to set my controls how I like them, so why fail so hard in these areas. Seriously. Nothing kills your immersion in the grim darkness of the far future like hearing horribly distorted German TV!

Other than that, really fun, but those two things really kill it for me.

Yeah I found myself muting all the mics automatically, can't stand auto-on mics, evil shit lol. What I liked was that it put me in a game with you without me telling it to, that was good, but a server browser would be useful.

The multiplayer looks half assed. No dedicated servers, no server browser, mic spam and cookie cutter gameplay. It's laggy and that the melee combat looks like a real letdown in multiplayer. They should have focused on a co-op campaign mode instead of this uninspired crap. Relic should have known better. PC's their main platform, for ****'s sake!

I HATE my ****ing squadmates in this, they always manage to be standing right behind me and thoroughly block any attempt at a breather. This game is full of problems and the setting is just bland, Necrons or Tyranids would make a better enemy for the next one but Chaos doesnt work very well. Those exploding dogs can also suck it

Jetpack sections are awesome but not difficult at all

Back