Was HL2.net ever better ?

What do you think ?

• HL2.net has and always will rock. HL2.NET FOREVAR!!

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The TDE is not a mod anymore. That means party time!!! *me donces*

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • don't remind me of the old days...

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Hetairia roxxors!!! \O/

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Definitly.... the mood was so much better in the beggining

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters
The_Monkey said:
It is about the same quality as it was in the summer 2004 when I joined. It was a hell in November, but now it has improved a lot.
I agree, anyone who was here during November will certainly remember that as the all time low for this site. It never got any worse than that.

The_Monkey said:
It was a hell in November, but now it has improved a lot.
/me looks at join date. I must be one of the hellspawn then :)

We don't have that feeling of suspense and anticipation now. The game was great, but waiting for it was even greater. No more tests, no more speculation threads, no more preload euphoria.

I say bring on the expansion packs!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I need to start the GRAMMAR NAZI OF DOOM propaganda again. It's getting worse and worse around here. I propose that the mods add pretty little blue text under our resident nazi's names that says, "Grammar Nazi... OF DOOM!" And we'd all have swastika avatars. No, that would be perfectly politically correct.

EDITx2: I fear that I have made a grammatical error. In the above post. It should have been " nazis' " with the apostrophe outside the x. I apologize for my egregious error.

Yeah, it used to be better... :p

If fact, the only reason I'm posting this right now is that this is still my homepage for some reason! And I saw this at the top! :O:O

Letters said:
Yeah, it used to be better... :p

If fact, the only reason I'm posting this right now is that this is still my homepage for some reason! And I saw this at the top! :O:O
World of Warcraft has consumed your SOUL! COME BACK TO THE LIGHT!

i love that the website is updated all the damn time. its also has a very clean and organized layout. and just like every large forum community, it has a full range of people that i can or cannot relate to so i cant complain about that. im not gonna like everyone. i cant really comment on this specifically because i havent been here as long as you "veterans" of hl2.net but i really like the website now.

though, when i first got here, i loved looking at peoples rumors and theories until i realized that ~everyone thinks the same stupid shit. every once in a while i will find something thats actually interesting in there.

ugh my friend is trying to get me sucked into WoW. i have enough pseudo-drama in my life atm.

Narcolepsy said:
EDITx2: I fear that I have made a grammatical error. In the above post. It should have been " nazis' " with the apostrophe outside the x. I apologize for my egregious error.
Maybe you should revise sentence structure too.

:p

How long has this site been up ad running? and what was november like? was it just inundated with "boo half life" and "Valve eat poo" and "so I said... so she said.. but she... slept with sister...but yeah...but no...but like iww gross..slept with my mule."

Dinkleberry said:
How long has this site been up ad running? and what was november like? was it just inundated with "boo half life" and "Valve eat poo" and "so I said... so she said.. but she... slept with sister...but yeah...but no...but like iww gross..slept with my mule."
Site has had an active community since early May 2003.

November was bad in all the ways you just gave plus there were alot of people constantly creating completely useless and annoying threads discussing release dates. Alot of the time the entire general forum section had absolutely nothing in it except for threads discussing the exact same things about the release dates over and over again.

Well, judging this forum from the amount of visitors and posters it have... I can say HL2.net rocks!!!

I'd say it was better for me before I got involved in all the politics crap.

Narcolepsy said:
World of Warcraft has consumed your SOUL! COME BACK TO THE LIGHT!

I think i can control it. While my level 23 rogue beckons me to come and hunt down some undead, I struggle to hang on to my internetly beginnings. I refuse to be lifted off onto the world of azeroth forever, but instead dip in and out of it, like a-

AWWW, what the hell.... *plays WOW beta*

I selected it will allways rock :p

But it was better in the beggining. Thing is it still beats the crap outa every other forum I have ever been a part of.... (very few to be honest lol) so I had to vote the first option really. :)

I blame the users.

I blame myself. Sorry, guys. I know things were a lot better before I signed up and started posting.

I believe that now every single HL2 theory has been brought up and most new ones just get flamed... The forums have been on a bit of a slum lately. :( They will take off again though when HL2: Expansion comes out or HL3 though. :)

Blakeb155 said:
and most new ones just get flamed...

Thats only because most new ones consist of "OMG GMAN = GRODONS CROWBAR!!!" or some such spam :p

I think the forum topics are boring and get boring to read, but i'm still gonna try to get a crap load of posts and be an active member. I really do like the way that they keep on top of the mods though, with the updates and all.

Lahire149 said:
I think the forum topics are boring and get boring to read, but i'm still gonna try to get a crap load of posts and be an active member. I really do like the way that they keep on top of the mods though, with the updates and all.

they have been boring as of late... its mostly tech help questions because of hl2's release now, but soon that'll die down

If you want fun come to the lounge! :D

why the "freak" is this still open & running ?

Sigh, I remember the old days when Stone used to actually be online, grand plans were being made for Operation Everlasting Shadow - a mod that never even made it as far as Half-Life 2's release date, the arena was alive and well, Qck insisted that I was god, the Dark Elf was called Fenric, had just joined and was posting one hell of a lot in a short space of time and I used to talk to some of the mods of this forum, who seemed to spend alot of the time bitching about various other mods and Munro.
Ah, those were the golden days of halflife2.net...

Yeah, I really got on with most of the people involved in it and the IRC channel was most fun, but now it is forever lost in the dark depths of history.

HL2.net has and always will rock. HL2.NET FOREVAR!!

I blame badger for this awful affair. Why? because its so easy :D

Back