waste of money?

J

jack_theripper

is HL2 a waste of money, or is it as good as it looks?

It's worth it.
Both for the game itself, and the upcomming MODs.

It's worth every penny & them some! I say this inspite of all the grieff I had with installing Steam, The infamous st-st-stutter bug & constant crashes. But I got these sorted in then end (With many hours perusing support sites & forums & a few hundred pounds to upgrade my system). HL2 is a top game. A little easy & thus gameplay wise it's not as good as it could be but it's well worth it. White Zero mentioned the MOD community - I think this is one of the most exciting things about the Half Life phenomona.

Don't let dogboy73 scare you. I installed the game in 1.5 hours, which includes install time plus updates over a 52k modem, and was playing without a hitch on a DX 7 Radeon 7000 equivalent. (I did have a bit of stuttering but simply turned down the sound quality a notch which fixed it completely) The game is great.

The game is crap.

...psyche! Who is going to give it anything but praise around here? But honestly, it is the best game ever made. :thumbs:

And with the two very different online games that come with it, it never really gets old. AND we have the mod comunity promising much more to come. Your $50 will buy you so many games, including the best FPS to hit the market, that it could not be better spent.

Halflife 2 is a total waste of money. It sucks because it's too fun and addictive. You should buy Barney Goes To Heaven the 2 cd game for toddlers because it's no fun and annoying.

God damn man. Why would everyone play HL2 if it sucked?

It sucks. Now log off and jump of a cliff because you can't bare the shame.

It's well known that people here are definitely masochists. We are here to suffer and play that horrible game we hate so much!!

Buy it and welcome in Hell!!

WhiteZero said:
It's worth it.
Both for the game itself, and the upcomming MODs.

hell, id pay $100 just for acess to the mods, let alone the game itself

(asuming i could play mods without game)

Don't know. Don't care :) I don't have an Xbox, I think FPS aren't that great for consoles... But that is just my opinion.

Why would you ask that on a half life forum? People are here because they like half life and want to discuss it

Danimal said:
Don't know. Don't care :) I don't have an Xbox, I think FPS aren't that great for consoles... But that is just my opinion.

Console FPS's arent great? Er-hem *COUGHhalo2COUGH*awesomeness

Kouler said:
Console FPS's arent great? Er-hem *COUGHhalo2COUGH*awesomeness
Most arent good, is what he meant to say.
Besides, Halo with k&m, or any FPS with k&m is 100x better.

Back