Water Hazard Bug -- Cannot Proceed

SuicideChimp

Reaction score
After I get fairly far in the Water Hazard level, once I hit a certain point in the tunnel I can go no further. It's textureless, and when you run into it, it's like running into a wall. When you turn in your hovercraft, the texturless tunnel part will take on the texture of anything that is before/after rotating to view it. Screenshots enclosed to detail.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• d1_canals_090000.jpg
    d1_canals_090000.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 639
  • d1_canals_090001.jpg
    d1_canals_090001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 629
You know you can hit F5 to take a screenshot...

Reload an older save or verify your game files in Steam.

I have done both suggestions that you said, no avail. More info:

nVidia 9600M GT 512MB
Intel Centrino 2 - 2.66Ghz (Dual Core)

Game data is up to date.

OK, well they should have fixed your problem. We'll need to circumvent that then.

First enable developer console. ESC, Options, Keyboard, Advanced. Tick the box. Open the console now pressing tilde button - ' (Below ESC, next to 1)

From your screenshot, I can't work out what part of the canals you are on, but you've just finished one of the map sections and the game hasn't loaded the next segment for you. So...we can load it manually.

Load your save, then open the console. Find out which map you are currently in. It will be one of the following:
d1_canals_01
d1_canals_01a
d1_canals_02
d1_canals_03
d1_canals_05
d1_canals_06
d1_canals_07
d1_canals_08
d1_canals_09
d1_canals_10
d1_canals_11
d1_canals_12
d1_canals_13

So if your save shows you are d1_canals_05 you do the following:

Type into the console: map d1_canals_06

This should then load the next map and you can progress. Good luck.

Splendid HG. Worked like a charm. If there were a karma raising button, I would give you it :)

Back