Water Hazard!....the helicopter(s?)

F

Frustrated-Kiwi

I've frightened away the helicopter by damaging it with the anti-aircraft guns found in a tower which also contains the button which opens a canal gate (no.5?).

All that's left to do now is to walk down the canal until I'm chased back inside by a helicopter and (hopefully) shoot it down all together with the aforementioned guns and proceed to the apparent end of the canal to break open a crate which I think contains a power-up.

That's pretty much the end of my game, so far.

A hint re: my next move or two, please? :)

Thanks.

Frustrated Kiwi.

You know what? You are the first one to post "stuck-threads" in the right forum in months. Anyways, I'm not quite sure where you are...can you post some screenshots?

EDIT: You're not stuck, are you? You just wanna see what happens, don't you?

Hi :)

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm not actually out to get any big-time tips on how to win the game (that ruins the fun), but just a little help to get out of this unbelievably annoying dead-end which I've wandered into.

I'm afraid that I can't give you any screen-shots as I don't yet have any idea how to do that (never tried before).

Anyway, I've taken the air-boat as far as it seems to go, using blue drums to raise a ramp, then made my way around to a building, opposite which is an abandoned tug or fishing boat. To the left of the building and along a bit is the Gate(no.5ish) which is opened from within one of it's top rooms.

I'll have to get back to you on this one, maybe.

Thanks anyway :)

Get back on your airboat when you open the gates. Seems to me there's a tunnel or something ... can't remember. Just keep in mind that you won't leave your airboat for good until you go over the edge of a dam.

Yes, do not abandon your boat :stare: When there is no more water then you can ditch it.

P.S. it will be a while before you don't need the boat :bounce:

I didn't think the helicopter reappears after you shot it with the towers gauss cannons

beam said:
Yes, do not abandon your boat :stare: When there is no more water then you can ditch it.

P.S. it will be a while before you don't need the boat :bounce:

When you reach Black Mesa East is where you will be able to ditch the boat

Just keep looking for ramps. They can be anything from pieces of scrap metal to wood sheets

I think I know where you are but I cant remember what to do.

Just to help people think, can you tell us if youve got your boat gun yet.

look in options under keyboard to find the screenshot button (i can't remember the default), your screenshots show up in c:\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[yourname]\half-life 2\hl2\screenshots

to post it here make sure you are in advanced mode not quickreply and scroll down to find the manage attachments button

I know where you mean, if you shoot the helicopter enough it will fly off for a while, get onto your airboat again (it's quicker to go on the little path by the tower and then swim to airboat) and go through the gate. You can't properly destroy the helicopter until you reach the dam just before Black Mesa East.

It won't leave you alone forever until you destroy it fully at the dam.

I've gotten past the bit which had me stuck :)

Turns out I was overlooking a gap to the side of one of the dams so I was leaving the boat behind to soon.

Anyhoo, I've reached an area where a very, very tall tower-like structure collapses and falls across the canal. The debris is easily bypassed but there doesn't seem to be much to do from here. Nothing but more riding into dead-ends and being shot to bits by that stupid helicopter.

Thanks for having tried to help out guys :)

PS I still don't have the boat-gun.

You need to go over a jump made out of logs I think.. you wont miss getting the boat gun though, its a whole sequence you can't bypass.
And as far as abandoning the boat, well, the only point you ditch it, is a little after the beginning of black mesa east (the chapter) (no spoilers :))

When you get a gun installed in your airboat,don't show them mercy ^_^.
By the way,just right before you arruve Black Mesa,there is a helicopter that bombs you with bombs and shots plasma at you.Shoot the thing down with your gun.

Back