ways to tick off telemarketers

I usally just say that I'm not interested, but sometimes I say things like "Will you join the revolution, comrade?" Or "You should not support capitalist enterprise, traitor!"

Heh, I can imagine it being rather funny being a telemarketer.. getting paid to ring people, most of which will just take the piss and say all this random crap :p

but yeah, having abuse yelled at you is never fun..

It's easy money if you can detach yourself from your feelings and just have a laugh with it.

I wouldnt mind doing it actually, it's easy work ... although it's not the best job title in the world :)

Sure, it'd be easy money. But not alot of it.

I just listen and pretend Im not there. Ive had some spend ages going "Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" while others just say it once and hang up. Quite an insight into their psyche...

Why bother them calling you in the first place? Use CallerID to log their phone number. Step 2 is that you set up a premium rate telephone number (Charged at... Hmm... a lot/minute), and set your phone (Whatever) to forward all calls by the number you logged to that premium rate phone number. Step 3 is you then get a recorded message put on the other end of someone going "Hello?" then wait 4 seconds, then "Aaah yes. Hold on a second though, there's someone at the door". Leave for as long as you want ^_^.

If you aren't that kinda person, then just set it so it only forwards the machine ones (I hate them too), because they run on for AGES!

You'll have made a massive profit in a week.

Meh, I reserve the right to be unpleasant to people acting in direct violation of the law and common courtesy (yes, I have to apologise to the guy that sent me the registry link all those years back, it is a genuine movement- for the record).

Most telemarketers should be pitied, but if someone refuses to get off my phoneline I don't spare the metaphorical whip. Well, I hang it up. Heh.

what's the longest anyone's been on the phone with one of these telemarketers?

Plus, yeah, these guys have a crappy job, but they took it knowing full well how they were going to be treated. That's like saying a stripper doesn't want to be looked upon just for her body, but also her mind. Sorry, but I doubt that would happen.

I normally just get the automated ones, just say "No thanks" and hang up.

i do like a ukranian accent or something hahaha

"HALLO VAT IS U SELL ME VANT??"

My dad owns a computer software business.

One time, he tried to turn the call around and sell his software to the telemarketer :p It was pretty funny.

Alec_85 said:
Those lists don't work very well. At least not here in Sweden. Each company gets there own copy & most don't bother with updating it. What's most stupid about it is that the companies make money out of selling their own lists to other companies so they can call people on them anyway...

Well then you can go after the company for not adhering to your wish not to be contacted

Murray_H said:
Well then you can go after the company for not adhering to your wish not to be contacted
Yeah well Sweden aren't that keen on suing everyone's ass all the time :E And I couldn't be bothered really.

Back