We are getting close to the end of August.

^Thomas^

Reaction score
Here in Norway its 10-11 days left of August now.

Do you guys think that we can expect a gold announce before next month this time? The would be a huge break!

YAY man when i look at the date i always think. WoW so close to september! cant wait! next time i get paid is in september! :D

I do have a feeling there will be a gold nnouncement in the next week or two. If there is one that is.

^Thomas^ said:

Do you guys think that we can expect a gold announce before next month this time? The would be a huge break!

There's no way of knowing but we are that close it's a possiblity.

Yea I think it will go gold very soon, partially b/c Gabe said so himself..

go gold go gold go gold!!!! AAARH when it goes gold we will actually have a RELEASE DATE! come on how insane is that! an actual REAL release date! lol man that is funny

I was wondering one time how Valve would deliver the news. It would be pretty funny if Gabe or someone just casually created a topic on hl2.net or hl2fallout called "Gold" and said "more details to come", before issueing some sort of press release. Maybe. Or something.

Hmm, they read these thigns don't they? eep, I'm giving them ideas.

They should say it's delayed again, and then have everybody yell at them, and call Gabe fat, and threaten their lives, and pledge to never ever (we mean it this time) buy HL2. And then a day later, they should say it's gone gold. And watch all the naysayers squirm in embaressment.

KagePrototype said:
I was wondering one time how Valve would deliver the news. It would be pretty funny if Gabe or someone just casually created a topic on hl2.net or hl2fallout called "Gold" and said "more details to come", before issueing some sort of press release. Maybe. Or something.

*Gabe goes to HL2.net and creates said topic to evenly divide news amongst HL2 fansites. Within minutes of the thread's cration, the HL2.net servers implode from the gargantuan amounts of traffic flooding the site.*

But seriously, I could see this happening, I mean where has Valve made most of their announcements lately? All at fansites.

Every day is a possible gold date :thumbs:

The hype is coming...:)

KagePrototype said:

Or they offer a bunch of details about the special edition, release some screenshots and at the very end of the article add 'Oh, and it went gold last week'. :LOL:

If it does go gold next week, we might be playing it the same day. Gotta love Steam.

street_urchin said:
Or they offer a bunch of details about the special edition, release some screenshots and at the very end of the article add 'Oh, and it went gold last week'. :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

I just had to laugh at that one.

It would be funny if valve delayed Hl2 on the same day they delayed it last year

halflifeguy said:
It would be funny if valve delayed Hl2 on the same day they delayed it last year
No, it wouldn't. :rolling:

^That would hilarious. Gotta love valve. I think it is coming soon though. Most def. by september or late august.

I think gold is close, just because of the fact they're preloading HL2 stuff, I think they've sent a copy to be approved to VU, and are just waiting on the final word.

They better make it gold by the end of agust.. or else I cant do nothing. :(

halflifeguy said:
Ill purchase Hl2 even if it comes out another year from now
You mean, you haven't pre-ordered it?! :eek:

nope, im a patient guy. i can wait till it comes out to get.AHHH **** it!!! I WANT HL2!!!!!!!!!1111

Ha, I've preordered HL2 twice!

I cancelled my first one in December for some extra cash...

*SINGS THAT GOLD SONG*

GOLD...*gold*....always believe in our ga-abe,
he's the man with the nice face,
i think alyx is f*cka-ableeee....

GOLD *gold*...............

Gotta love the 70's ;)

*shout from back* 'you were born in the 80's!'

..shit :rolleyes:

You speak for us all. These forums will erupt in jubilation once the gold announcement is made, drunken revelrey will be the norm on the day of the gold announcement here :D

No, this is what is gonna happen guys.

Gabe will post on HL2fallout, a .gif will be posted and it will be ye great.

Gabe Newell surrounded by light, holding the twinkly pure gold hl2 box to the sky, then, slowly, the box lowers in a toliet. From therefore its status morphes to brown, and 3-4 weeks later, it is black and delivered into gamer's hands globally. Ye the truth, Gabe henseforth will be known as the brown brownie brown, and, the brownster.

*This thread listed in 10 ways to kill any thread in existance*

PainLord said:
I do have a feeling there will be a gold nnouncement in the next week or two. If there is one that is.

HL2 Preloading has already started for some people, so its possible that it is already gold, but Valve doesnt need to specfially tell the world that it has gone gold. Instead he may tell us within days

aeroripper said:
Gabe Newell surrounded by light, holding the twinkly pure gold hl2 box to the sky, then, slowly, the box lowers in a toliet. From therefore its status morphes to brown, and 3-4 weeks later, it is black and delivered into gamer's hands globally. Ye the truth, Gabe henseforth will be known as the brown brownie brown, and, the brownster.
That gives me a photoshop gold-announcement related idea.....

Sushi said:
Ha, I've preordered HL2 twice!

I cancelled my first one in December for some extra cash...

I thought online retailers didn't charge your CC 'till they shipped the product. Bah I have to check my bills :|

Lol, i got a friend that preordered the game, and if you didn't had the game on September the 20:th, you would get the game for free, once it hits the shelves.

The_Monkey said:
Lol, i got a friend that preordered the game, and if you didn't had the game on September the 20:th, you would get the game for free, once it hits the shelves.

Wlel tell him to pre-order 20 copys.
He can then sell them and make some easy money.
I dont believe its coming out before october.
If you read the amount of bugs people are reporting on the steam forums it will take a couple of months i suspect.
Maybe less.

^Thomas^ said:

Noooo..!!!?? :O

Here in Sweden we're closing in on december already!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, funny wording, s'all... :p

But seriousely, I expect the announcement within 2 weeks.

^Thomas^ said:

Its 10-11 days left of august in all countries :)

KagePrototype said:

Press release.

Back