We are getting close to the end of August.

hmm, shoot my self or ask the question, shoot my self or ask the question, shoot my self or ask the question..... I think I will ask the question even though with some embarresment.... ;(
What happens when a game goes gold? :dork:

Annihilator_91 said:
hmm, shoot my self or ask the question, shoot my self or ask the question, shoot my self or ask the question..... I think I will ask the question even though with some embarresment.... ;(
What happens when a game goes gold? :dork:

Well, development on the game stops.

A final RC (release candidate) has been accepted by the publisher (vivendi) and sent for mass production.

A release date is then announced (either with the gold announcement) or later which states when the game will ship.

I'm pretty sure it's when a copy of the game is printed on a gold cd and sent to stamping plant to make silvers which are then sent around the world to various stamping factories where normal copies are made from silvers and inserted into the final box.

Don't know if they are called stamping plants or not.

I'm not sure on this though so....

I also hear that the gold copy is sent in an armored vehicle with an armed guard and handcuffed in a bulletproof breifcase to the deliverer's arm. ;)

EDIT: I doubt the gold cd is actually gold. :p

lans said:
Well, development on the game stops.

A final RC (release candidate) has been accepted by the publisher (vivendi) and sent for mass production.

A release date is then announced (either with the gold announcement) or later which states when the game will ship.

Also, we will have 47 pages of "ITS GOLD!!!11 AWSUM!!!!"

Hehe.

Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! I am forever in debt to you... NOT! But thanks alot anyway! :D

I ****ing hate Ign.

When I got on to the Pc page, it had a picture of halflife 2 for the main news story. I got so ****ing excited and thought that the game went gold. Then it turned out that it was all about the benchmark.

PainLord said:
I do have a feeling there will be a gold nnouncement in the next week or two. If there is one that is.
I have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of dissapointed nerds soon.

I have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of dissapointed nerds soon.

I'm thinking the same way :( ... But i really do hope that maybe they're it will though ...

Back