We is going to play previous Half-Life Games before Episode 2.

Where are you starting from?

• Total voters
I actually just finished re-playing through HL2 and ep1 yesterday. All set for ep2!

Just finished HL2 again and got tonight to do EP1, man I'm so pumped!

I played HL1 inside out back in the day, I could still draw every level out and write every script, lol, it was awesome.

I'm finding it really hard to decide whether to buy the Orange Box at all, or wait till the end of the month (payday) and decide if I want to buy an Xbox 360. My laptop can't really do justice to Episode 2 (or HL2 for that matter) - 1.8 Ghz Pentium M, 512mb RAM, 64 MB mobility Radeon... just ain't a happy setup anymore. Plus I still really want to play BioShock, and that flat-out ain't happening with this laptop. On the other hand I could spend the money on something else.. like driving lessons or saving up... tricky.

If I didn't have a job, I would have certainly replayed the entire HL saga (but only as Gordon).

I'm finding it really hard to decide whether to buy the Orange Box at all, or wait till the end of the month (payday) and decide if I want to buy an Xbox 360. My laptop can't really do justice to Episode 2 (or HL2 for that matter) - 1.8 Ghz Pentium M, 512mb RAM, 64 MB mobility Radeon... just ain't a happy setup anymore. Plus I still really want to play BioShock, and that flat-out ain't happening with this laptop. On the other hand I could spend the money on something else.. like driving lessons or saving up... tricky.

Don't know if you live in the UK like most of these guys, but in the US you can build a pretty good gaming machine for like $500-600. Not top of the line, but something like this (prices approximated from last time I checked Newegg.com)

Athlon X2 -- 2.2GHz -- $75
Gigabyte Mobo, onboard 6100 plus PCI-e slot -- $80
8600GT -- $100
2GB DDR2-800 RAM -- $65
Cheap case, no PSU -- $25
Antec PSU -- $60
Sata 320GB HD -- $75
DVD-burner -- $30

Now just get a mouse and keyboard, and get a good CRT from a friend who bought an LCD recently, and you have a brand new machine for $510 that'll run Source games pretty damn well.

I still gotta finnish HL2 and EP1 so probally not gonna play EP2 for another week or so. Might play a bit of Portal but with my day job and everything ... maybe just TF2.

I couldnt finish the games, between a surprise visit from my dad and work. Im still going to do it, but im playing orange tonight!

btw wtf is a "We is going to play previous Half-Life Games before Episode 2." lol

I re-completed Episode 1 just now, with a matter of hours to go before Ep 2 gets unlocked. Lovely timing.

finishing Half Life 2 tonight
then it's on to Episode 1... hopefully tonight as well lol
better get started!!

Started with HL1, but I'm on Nova Prospekt in HL2 so I'm pretty much f#@ked for playing all in order before it comes out because it comes out... well,

:cool::cool::smoking::smoking::smoking::dork::dork::borg::borg::eek::eek::eek:TONIGHT!!!!!
:angel::bounce::angel::bounce::bounce::angel::bounce::D:D:D:D:cheers::cheers::cheers::rolling::rolling:;););););):sniper::sniper::eek::):):dozey::smoking::D:bounce::angel:

I'll probably play them all in order later though.

I can't be bothered to play through all the previous games before playing EP2. Perhaps sometime later I'll get around to such a task.

I played the whole series so far towards the end of the summer, so I'm all geared up and ready to go. :-D

I've replayed them recently enough that the experience is still pretty fresh in my head. I may replay the last strider fight in Episode 1 to smooth the transition though.

Back