• Don't Know

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpapa400lb

Reaction score
At the end of the trailer for Half-Life 2 Aftermath. Who's voice was that, Dr. Breen or G-MAN?

G-man. Sweet jesus on a stick, why is everyone so confused about this? It's G-man, it's clearly his voice!

It dosn't sound like Breen in the least.

AJ Rimmer said:
Sweet jesus on a stick, why is everyone so confused about this?
Same here; I've got no idea. It's clearly audible that it's G-Man's voice. 1 more vote for G-Man from me.

About the severity of the G-Man's voice - I think it's actually enhanced by the "whoosh" sound that plays as the Aftermath logo disappears, so it may not in fact be quite as evil as we think it is...

Probably G-Man, but I won't rule out a new character being introduced.

-Angry Lawyer

BeaverMon said:
Why did you do this? Why didn't you just give us the link to this?

Anyway, I say it's the G-Man's voice.
He didn't. The website in question is censored on these boards because it never condoned the HL2 leak back in the day, and people talk about their pirating quite openly nowadays where here it's a mute subject.

kupoartist said:
He didn't. The website in question is censored on these boards because it never condoned the HL2 leak back in the day, and people talk about their pirating quite openly nowadays where here it's a mute subject.
Ohh. That makes sense. :)

Omg, omg...

It sounds like someone made G-Man angry?! Can't wait, wonder what made him say that!

kupoartist said:
About the severity of the G-Man's voice - I think it's actually enhanced by the "whoosh" sound that plays as the Aftermath logo disappears, so it may not in fact be quite as evil as we think it is...
F*ck no - he's FURIOUS. He's absolutely bloody livid and I can't wait to see why. I mean, he can't fight because that would be like the gaming equivalent of being forced to watch Charles Manson skullf*ck a member of your family, and if he's pissed at Gordon, that's it; you're gone.

I watched this at work a couple of hours ago with the sound off and I was very impressed, but now with the sound - ooooh! Alyx sounds like she's about to have a nervous breakdown and the G-Man... Oooooo-hooooo :D

well at first i thought it was Gman,

then i thought "Gman is beyond human emotions so it cant be him",

and now i'm thinking, "this guy's style of speech is pretty damn similar to Gman's, so it must be Gman".

Or could it be Shepard? Or to ruin the whole experience Gordon turned bad guy?

seriously, maybe it's just a new combine dude sent to earth to restore order after breen fudged it all up

maybe it's the g-man since it was confirmed by gabe newell himself

There is never enough.... of the Spam!

P.S. I still think it's Mossman.

i cant beleive theres actually a poll on this... it's g-man obviously

hmm...its between Mossman and Barefoot Basil

It's obviously G-Man. And, I can't remember who posted it, but I like the theory about Gordon escaping the stasis. Or maybe Alyx finds out about a G-Man conspiracy and threatens to "tattle" on him.

And, no, it's not Shephard. Shephard is NEVER returning. He was taken by the G-Man so that he would never tell anybody about the Black Mesa Incident. G-Man could of just killed him, but found that he had proven worthy, so he kept him alive.

kupoartist said:

con·done P Pronunciation Key (kn-dn)
tr.v. con·doned, con·don·ing, con·dones
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure. See Synonyms at forgive.

I think the word you're looking for is "denounced."

Sorry to be the grammar police, but it annoys me to no end.

IT WAS ME!!!!111oneone

Seriously, those who don't hear G-Man speaking, need their ears checked. It is 200 % out of 100% obvious that it is G-Man there.

SupaKoopa said:
con·done P Pronunciation Key (kn-dn)
tr.v. con·doned, con·don·ing, con·dones
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure. See Synonyms at forgive.

I think the word you're looking for is "denounced."

Sorry to be the grammar police, but it annoys me to no end.
Ok, so rather than "never condoned" it should be something like "effectively condoned". Big deal. HL2.net forums are an informal web forum, not a f***ing english test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back