Weapon images in your name!

Mat_Brummitt

Reaction score
Hi all,

After seeing another post further down about the .ttf file inside of your cstrike folder, i checked it out, and managed to install the fonts inside of the file (images of weapons from cs:s and hl2).

I went to charmap to copy them as my name, and when i do this, i get a plain old symbol appear in CS:S.

Also in Charmap.exe it tells you at the bottom that it's code is just "commercial At" (ie. @ symbol).

Here's a shot of the weapons in Charmap.exe - is it not possible to have a weapon in your name?

Thanks

Mat...

Wouldnt you have to replace whichever one CS:S uses for the Scoreboard with that one for that to work?

well that would mean it would only show up on my computer...

I figured that everyone has these fonts when they installed the game, and i was hoping that by installing them properly i could get hold of the code that makes them appear, meaning that everyone would be able to see a weapon in my name...

looks like its not gonna work... so why is there ttf files in the directories?

And i was thinking that maybe the same fonts are used to display HOW you were killed... There has gotta be a way of doing this

Mat...

Hold on, is this meant to be for things like MSN and stuff? like you put them in your name and everyone sees them?

No, for when playing Counterstrike Online.

I mean, maybe the fonts were installed with the game so people could do this.

Mat..

I don't really like the idea of it, but some cool clan tags would nice.

Back