Weapon Jam bug, finally.

Chaops

Reaction score
Well I finally found the weapon jam bug that has been bothering me since day one of source. I submitted the bug with the following text:
"If you switch to a gun while shooting with fastswitch on. You will not be able to fire after pressing the shoot button again until you click it twice. This is a big problem as you mainly have full auto weapons in CS:S."
Anyone who has had this happen knows exacly how crucial to gameplay it is. When this bug activates you literally stare your opponent down with full auto weapons, only to get shot, and with pistols the first shot is blank.

If any of the halflife2.net staff can deliver this to a VALVe Moderator/Staff I would greatly appreciate it. I would but im banned from steampowered.com ;(

I kind of like ocassional weapon jams, like in America's Army. Fire arms are machines, and machines don't work properly indefinately.

I like gun jams too when they are done right, as in AA like you said. I don't know if this would work for CS though becuase it might slow the gameplay down.

I would still like to see this bug reported to VALVe staff.

So I'm not alone? I thought my mouse was dying on me or something.

It's probably the worst bug yet ;(

This matched with the hitbox bugs/netcode lagg and this game can be virtually unplayable at times =/ I wish I had my $50 bucks.

Yeah I've died so many times because of this, it's even worse with semi-automatic weapons like the shotgun or the awp. Line up the guy's head and click!... nothing!

Yeah. I have heard millions of stories and have had many happen myself where you turn a corner into a guy and go full auto only to unload an entire clip into them with one hit detected. Even when compensating for recoil. The way guns really work, you should be abloe to kill a team of 15 with one clip.

Back