Weapons for HL3 (proper thread)

What weapon capabilities do you want to see in HL3?

• Technology that allows the player to pick up any object and make it their weapon

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • A much more complicated and diverse gravity gun

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • More alien weapons!

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Other (if so what)

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
omg I dont knw if the soure engine could do this but and awesome idea would be a melting gun. So you shot it at a guy and his torso melts and quickly cools thereby giving him osteoporosis. Or you you could do things like melt a large metal object hanging over a guy and watch the molten metal pour over them. You could do so many things if there was an engine that let the world be COMPLETELY interactive, meaning craters from explosions, ash from burnt wood, etc. etc.

I'd like to see some sort of weapon that freezes time ala the ending of hl2.

like you fire it up, and then time slows to a crawl and just stops for about 5 seconds and then accelerates back to normal time. you could then start shooting, but your attacks won't register until time resumes. If you play D&D think Timestop.

I'd like to see the cremators and their weapon too. Maybe some sort of futureistic flamethrower, maybe uses plasma or something

I'd definitely like to see the gravity vortex from chaos ut and have it crush things. Too much of a super weapon to be a standard weapon, but it'd be nice if it was a hidden cheat weapon.

I'd like to see the crowbar have more of a use than simply a means to not waste ammo shooting at crates. Maybe stuff like putting it over a cable, grabbing both ends and sliding down the cable. Or having the hooked part get stuck in stuff, or maybe using it to reach out of the way things.

I'd like to see the return of the baby barnacle gun from opfor.

Riding on a garg's back, that would own.

Some kind of limpet mine would be cool

a gun that causes something up to a certain size to become really unstable ala nitro glycerin and the slightest touch makes it explode

some sort of defensive feature of the suit that causes you to become electrified like a bugzapper. The ammo is the suit power. So if you are surrounded by melee type creatures you activate it and run at them.

flare nades like in that scene with alyx and the combine throw flare nades and more bug things that can work for you.. :p

Definitely need more alien weapons, and more drivable vehicles.

If we indeed to take the fight to the combine home planet, the possiblities are endless.

It's just a shame Valve made the Combine's coolest vehicles into biomechs (gunship, strider) They are synths and therefore cannot be piloted. It would be cool if we could jump in and control those babies...but it would not fit story wise as they are living entities themselves.

A cool story visual would be being able to see these creatures before or in the process of being taken over by the combine. I like the idea of seeing the progression of these creatures from their original state to their current state.

FoB_Ed said:
I'd like to see a gun that releases a sonic shockwave that demolishes anything in the blast radius. Plus I'd make it so it sends enemies flying 30 feet in the other direction ;)

Whenever I think of this weapon I've conjured in my brain I think of that sonic shotgun thing in Minority Report

Funny you mention that. There was a gun exactly like that in the leak called the Cguard. The sound for it is in the GCFs. :)

Making the walls and floor, interact more with guns (like blowing a hole to th wall with te missile) would be nice in Red Faction you are a miner wich gets mixed and then eventually becomes the hero of the miners revolution (ring any bells by the way?) and you could blow gigantic and deep holes in the walls with explosives and rocket launchers, there were actally sometimes that you HAD to blow a hole in the wall to get trhough a door, there was even a digging machine you could use it was awsome, something like that to HL2 would be nice...

There should be a new gametype entirely based on vehicles. Like UT2004's Onslaught.

Gauss(with the secondy fire boost)/Dynamic breaking points for props and models :D

A gun that somehow detonates enemies. Imagine being cornered by a squad of Combine. You fire the gun at the soldier in the center, and KABOOM, he disappears and the rest go flying.

It's flawless.

personally, I would like to be able to use a super grav gun from the start. maybe not with its offensive capabilites but at least be able to grab heavier objects an dead organic matter. Other than that the weapons need to be according to the feel and situation of the game. the first two games were set in pretty much modern times, and the weaposn available in standard use by friends and foes were more conventional weapons. If HL3 is going to be in a similar setting, it should keep conventinal weapons for the most part. However, if the plot allows for it they could come up with a couple of more conventional weaps. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME KEEP MY PUMP SHOTTY, .357, PISTOL & ROCKET

Rocketman9mm said:
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME KEEP MY PUMP SHOTTY
They ain't takin' ol' Bessie away...if they do, they's gonna be blood in Seattle.

Haven't read the thread, but I voted "other." The weapon I really thought would be fun, was the gun from the "Tunnels" video that shot the flame grenade/flare. I thought it woudl be really fun to play with that.

Back