Websites ending in this dangerous

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
As the title says are websites ending in dot tk dangerous?

odd it blocked it.. edited it

In 2006, McAfee conducted a survey in which they claim out of the 95 percent most trafficked web sites, **** domains were twice as likely as the global average to be used for "unwanted behaviours", including scams such as phishing and spam. However, in 2008 McAfee reported that the threat of scams like phishing and spam was significantly reduced with **** and that other top level domains such as .com and .net were much more used in such scams.

**** Wiki

EDIT lol dot tk is blocked here, kinda says it all.

So don't click that someone send to me. It wasn't by steam btw.

dot tk and dot co dottage cc or anything else similar I avoid. Personal sites I can sort of see the point. Domains names are cheap if you can't afford one I tend to question the legitimacy of a given site.

I have my own site hosted here in Australia and I don't even use it but it costs me bugger all to keep it running. I do however use dyndns to handle my dynamic home connection.

dot tk aren't always bad, but they tend to be. If it's the name of a legitimate site ending in dot tk(steamcommunitydot tk, etc) then yes, high probability is it's a scam site.

Every time I go to a bad site, Avast antivirus comes to the rescue telling me WARNING TROJAN TROJAN and I can abort connection.

I like Avast. Even the most mundane sites one would think would be fine can be attack sites.

dot tk and dot co dottage cc or anything else similar I avoid. Personal sites I can sort of see the point. Domains names are cheap if you can't afford one I tend to question the legitimacy of a given site.

I have my own site hosted here in Australia and I don't even use it but it costs me bugger all to keep it running. I do however use dyndns to handle my dynamic home connection.

free hosting if you own a domain on tumblr.com nice blog site :)

Back