Looks like a challenge, I'm in. :)

Gonna do it all in MS Paint too.

OMG I WIN?!
I didnt believe that I will win

YEEEEEE
*<RJMC> dance happy*

and this will be a litle more easy cuz I dont need make the image perfect
but I will do my best

i started to make this entry as soon as fenric said it just for fun...

AND I USED EXACTLY THE SAME PICTURE AS TIM

it even had the border around the edge

how freaky is that :p

but mine will 0wnzor

..probally

..hopefully

..maybe

..damn

It'd probably be easier, faster and cheaper to just get WinDoom and replace the texture sprites with custom half-life2 sprites :)

I might have a go when I get bored enough.

Guys, don't forget to add a 2x2 px mosaic effect and resize to 320x240 for that genuine Doom feel :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with on this one. Nothing to do with the fact editing Doom was more fun than any other engine :D

/me gets sentimental and goes to download an open source version with all the bells and whistles

Here's a little work in progress.

Comments? :LOL:

This brings back memories.

hehe i lack the necessary skill to participate ... ill skip this one :x

Vahn, thats rubbish and you know it. Give it a try, you may surprise yourself. What did I tell you about giving up? Or was that someone else? haha I forget.

-

BluemenKohl - lol excellent :D Can't wait to see it finished and other people's versions. This could be good :E

Hi, Fenric, guess that you put me in your ignore list, huh? (or is it like that for everyone)

Sorry, feel free to ban me or delete this post or whatever. I just want to know if I did something wrong.

Well, anyway, the contest seems like a good idea, but you have to use screenshots that were released for HL2 only, or can you use screenshots from HL1 or made up HL2 screenshots?

theagentsmith said:
Hi, Fenric, guess that you put me in your ignore list, huh? (or is it like that for everyone)

Sorry, feel free to ban me or delete this post or whatever. I just want to know if I did something wrong.
wtf!?

what the hell are you on about? No seriously, wtf?

Fenric said:
wtf!?

what the hell are you on about? No seriously, wtf?

I'm terribly sorry if I upset you, but for me is says you are "offline" and that I can't send you PMs or anything... I can't even see your avatar. Your profile is bare, too.

Your profile when I view it:

Fenric
Halflife2.net Staff
Super Moderator

Add Fenric to Your Buddy List Add Fenric to Your Ignore List

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 5,750 (21.42 posts per day)
Find all posts by Fenric
Find all threads started by Fenric

Referrals: 0 Email:
Send a message via email to Fenric

Additional Information Group Memberships
Fenric is not a member of any public groups

theagentsmith said:
I'm terribly sorry if I upset you, but for me is says you are "offline" and that I can't send you PMs or anything... I can't even see your avatar. Your profile is bare, too.

If that's it then we're all in his ignore list...

he's just invisible, with his PM box full or disabled, no avatar and his Profile must have been deleted (most probably by himself) . Got it ?

theagentsmith said:

Your profile when I view it:

Fenric
Halflife2.net Staff
Super Moderator

Add Fenric to Your Buddy List Add Fenric to Your Ignore List

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 5,750 (21.42 posts per day)
Find all posts by Fenric
Find all threads started by Fenric

Referrals: 0 Email:
Send a message via email to Fenric

Additional Information Group Memberships
Fenric is not a member of any public groups
I removed my avatar cause I fancy a change, im invisible cause I've not been invisible before and I turned my PM's off for a week cause im on a break until Sunday, I deleted my profile cause I felt like it and often do things like that.

Sprafa said:
If that's it then we're all in his ignore list...

Oh, okay. I was just wondering how he edited one of my posts while not being online, and looked at his profile and it was bare...

Sorry for any confusion...

Oh, so you are "invisible." Okay. Heh.. really sorry about that...

I have a question, can we make a video entry you know... maybe walk through the level (err well map)? I think I've figured out a way to animate the Combine. :LOL: :LOL:

The only problem is I need a picture of the BACK of the same combines in my above image. I could paint one...but meh :|

BlumenKohl said:
I have a question, can we make a video entry you know... maybe walk through the level (err well map)? I think I've figured out a way to animate the Combine. :LOL: :LOL:

The only problem is I need a picture of the BACK of the same combines in my above image. I could paint one...but meh :|
I dont think for the actual competition that would be fair on others who can't do that. But there's nothing stopping you putting it in this thread. But to be sure you should ask Tim as he runs the Art competitions round these 'ere parts.

lol fenric i wont give up i just dont know how to do it :)

well actually i found a way to do it... well see mabe ill do an entry :D

you all know that I hav only paint
so maybe I will not win

Oh, congrats to <RJMC> for winning. I liked his entry.

<RJMC> said:
you all know that I hav only paint
so maybe I will not win

LOL, seriously, this contest will be the easiest on paint!

im using paint, and it is the ONLY thing that i would like to work with on this. i mean its just so crap it adds to the doom wffect :p

Sorry guys, this time I will not take participation in it.

I tried to make some sprite characters in photoshop and its too hard! Paint is easier. Though I'm just gonna use PSP.

im posting mine now. i kindof mixed HL1 with doom, so i used an outside enviroment and the doom interface, but with Halflife letterting.

plus i put the crowbar vertical for that "doom" effect!

but im gonna make one thats a GIF, with a moving weapon that splats a headcrab or something. Do you think i should do that? my second entry could be the same as my first, but with one neimy who walks up to the screen and gets splated by the crowbar!

if i hosted it on my site, im sure i could link it directly and it shouldnt take too long to load... ill get it done tommorow or something :D

sometimes u can see the weapon frome the side

doom.jpg

wich explains my gun position :p

altough i regret my entry being too dark and not pixly enough :x

I like to see that old doom screemshots
brings back memories

Vahn how did u make gordons face? or where did you get it from?
its very nice :D, all 3 pics have good stuff but somehow gordons face on yours cracks me up =)), thumbs up for the detail

btw suicide did you give your crowbar 50 ammo on purpose x)

I did my first entry. I dont think it came out too bad. Couldve been better but I only worked on it for about 30-45 min.

The Terminator said:
I did my first entry. I dont think it came out too bad. Couldve been better but I only worked on it for about 30-45 min.

*THAT* took you 30-45 minutes!? It looks like little to no effort was put into your entry, no offense. A simply blur filter on PS, splice in the hud, and tada.. not sure why it took you as long as it took you

I agree with Shuzer, The Terminator. You just brought back PS to the contest.

DizzyOne said:
Vahn how did u make gordons face? or where did you get it from?
its very nice :D, all 3 pics have good stuff but somehow gordons face on yours cracks me up =)), thumbs up for the detail

btw suicide did you give your crowbar 50 ammo on purpose x)

actually, if you look, the PISTOL had 50/300 rounds, the crobar has 0/0

the one mistake i HAVE spotted though is that i replaced health with HEV... tehn realised that there was an armour rating, so i should have put HEV there instead :p

and i think vahn just drew over the DOOM face... well it certainly looks like it... it looks good!

and Terminator... seriously, put some effort into the next one. im not saying your bad at art, im just saying that you could do much better. i mean, it just looks like HL2 running on a GBA resolution with a crap HUD!!!

Hey, Suicide, your entry has a fatal mistake. Gordon's face doens't look aliased enough.

So far Vahn's entry looks the best.

What about me? Lets talk about mine!

If you vote for me I'll give you a Nutrigrain bar!

Pressure said:
What about me? Lets talk about mine!

If you vote for me I'll give you a Nutrigrain bar!

Sorry m8.

/me hugs Vahn

Pressure, you haven't changed a bit have you?

I like your entry. (Can I have a Nutrigrain Bar?)

You don't get one for saying you like it. You get one for voting for it :p.

i have made a GIF with 20 JPEG images in an animation, but i cant host it on my site (it kindof gets half way then crashes).

The GIF is 2 MB (and way better than my current entry).

can anyone host it if i send it to them?

Back