Weekly Steam News (01/07/05)

A

Azlan

As always, restart your Steam client to see the popup. This week's update concerns the forthcoming CS:S version of Assualt, coming next week. In addition, a new terrorist model and hints suggesting they are working towards multiple model choices for CS:S.
Next week we're we're planning on releasing the remade version of cs_assault to Counter-Strike: Source owners. If you don't currently own CS: Source, you can purchase it through Steam via any of the Half-Life 2 packages. Along with the release of cs_assault, we'll be including a rebuilt version of the existing Terrorist model. Over the next few months we'll be expanding the model selections for both teams.[br]</br>

[br]
If you're a MOD developer, or just someone who likes to keep an eye on the MOD community, head on over to the Valve Developer Community that we launched earlier this week. The site is based around a Wiki, which is a webpage that allows the community to contribute to the site directly.
If you haven't got your weekly updates turned on via Steam, then visit the direct link, here.

Hm.. I also don't like the new T model, but hopefully the old one will be still available in future. I'm so happy that they've finally decided to create model selection in CS:S and... cs_assault! :)

Finally a new T model. About bloody time ................ Even if it isn't much cop. A change is as good as a rest.

Not sure about model selection/choices for each team though. A lot of people miss that from the old game but I think it's fine as is. 2 teams, 2 different models 1 for each team. Makes pefect sense to me.

dogboy73 said:
2 teams, 2 different models 1 for each team. Makes pefect sense to me.
I'd rather 2 teams, 1 different models 1 for both team.

dogboy73 said:
2 teams, 2 different models 1 for each team. Makes pefect sense to me.
So everyone on a team looking exactly the same makes perfect sense to you?

This makes clear once again that Valve pays attention at the community :)

That new model is great! C'mon that old t model is so boring looking. This is cool. And its cool too that in couple of months u can change that old t model back if you dont like this one. So stop whining!

Valve rocks! :)

Pedro- said:
So everyone on a team looking exactly the same makes perfect sense to you?

Makes more sense then all the different gerillas and terrorist factions in the world joing together in an effort to blow up a nonsignificant house in nowhere.

Its not supposed to make sense, This is cs afterall.
Stop bitching, this is how 1.6 is they just want it more like 1.6

{Neoblade} 111 said:
New model looks like shit.. CS_assault = \o/

yeah then new model does look a bit craptastic but yay! for assault! :sniper:

I tell you, I could not wait to click "read more" to see all the people criticizing the new model before we even got to use it!

I think it's fine. The old one looks a bit out of date.

I'm not seeing the "craptastic"ness of the model. I like it.

I like the new model, looks more like the classic one.
Over the next few months we'll be expanding the model selections for both teams.
FIN-A-LY!

maybe it's the angle that makes the new T model look strange.

Over the next few months?! How could it possibly take so long to make new models. You're a professional development team -- hire some fools to make 'em already! You can crank it out in 3 weeks.

Maybe because they're not just working on CS:S...

More models, I don't need those. The one model for each team helps for recognission of who to shoot. I finally got that down ;)
and Assault? It sucked to begin with, it's gonna suck again *cry*

lololol this thread is funny.
Hey you think with new models they are trying to sort out the hitbox problems everyone who plays css seems to constantly moan about?

Everybody extract the current T files, so you can replace them if you dont like what get patched in.

Maybe well end up having only the hitboxes running around, and no models..

We've already had 3 CT models and now we're gonna a second T model. How come we can't at least select from these in a GUI menu? Seriously -- why

What I do with your mom in the privacy of my home is my business and my business alone.

Uh, I don't think it's a new model. The quality of the screen just looks bad, and you can't really tell if they changed the pant color.

Back