Weekly Steam News (17/02/05)

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steam's weekly news has been released with some exciting news on an update to Half-Life 2: Deathmatch that will be released later on this evening. For those of you in the UK that will be at 00:00 GMT and for those of you in Valve's neck of the woods, the official release is 16:00 PST. Here's the full news update:
At approximately 4:00 pm PST we'll be releasing an update that primarily focuses on Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. This update will include the addition of the Stunstick, SLAM, and the Crowbar. It will also include a new original map made by Valve, called Steamlab.[br]Along with the update to the game, we'll be releasing the source code for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch in an update to the Source SDK, which should give our MOD community a wide range of functionality they can use to build their games. We're all excited to see what is built based off of it. The update to the SDK will also allow MOD developers to write their own custom shaders, which will lead to some unique visuals in their games.[br]Looking ahead to next week, we're still on track for the Counter-Strike update, which will include a new map called cs_compound, along with a number of smaller changes and bug fixes.
For those of you unaware so far, Steamlabs is a map based on the old Deathmatch classic called Datacore made by Jess Cliffe; the SLAM is a trip mine/remote mine launcher and the Stunstick is the same weapon carried by the Civil Protection cops in Half-Life 2.[br]For the original page on Steam's website, click here.

yesss I cant wait, just 2 more hours *plays hl2deathmatch*

Edit: wow warning level 8 :frown:

Ok, they've narrowed it down to today, but it's still gonna come out at like, 7:40

I cant wait.

Im in the UK so I'll be half a sleep. lol

see you all there people.

Also it actually says it in the first post of the thread you're replying to :p

I'm not too excited about this update. I think everyone is more excited about HDR and VAC2 and that cs_compound actually looks like its going to be a very promising map that could be added into the main maps cs servers play. However the last two original maps that were added never really made it into all the servers (de_airstrip and de_tides)

Narcolepsy said:
Your joke making privileges have officially expired.

lol good job..

I cannot wait to stunstick someone!!!! :imu: :imu:

Awesome bout the HL2DM code!!! Finally it will be a little easier to code things in without having to do the arbitrary stuff of coding in scoreboards and all that...

Very cool for teh other maps/weapons, though I don't play HL2DM too much, but VAC2 and HDR are the top things now on valve's list :) the HL2DM Source Code is now off the #1 slot :D

not me..... :eek:

edit: I guess when valve says 4:00pm they mean around 4:00pm

Update Damn It!

*asplodes*

edit: UPDATING!

Back