Weekly Steam News (17/06/05)

They could've released DOD:S but chose to wait until they redid everything to live up to our standards?

OMFG LOOK WHAT YOU GUYS DID!! :(

But that's the frustrating thing Gonzo, waiting for something you paid for where Valve have had almost eighteen months to work on it. Now that they've scrapped the work they have done so far after beta-testing it, are we looking at nine months before it releases? They had a huge delay before releasing HL2.

They are bound to lose money on this to the silver package subscribers, it's only $10 extra for this game. I doubt COD and BF2 players will even glance at this if it hits retail shelves. The time and money spent will far outweigh any financial gain by its release.

kinda late on the contest info it started april 4th and ends july 1st.

Im just glad that all those people who preordered or got the gold package now get to wait even longer :D SUCKERSSSSS.

Also, has that craptastic xsi exp ever released a version where you can map custom commands. itzs like the z key, is zoom, and o key, is pan, and you can't change it, and my hand span can't comfortably manage that, an you can't edit your freaking HOTKEYS!

xsi may be pretty neat, but exp is a piece of crap if you can't customize your controlls. how you suppose to export a high poly to Z-brush for normal mapping, i think theres a 7 000 poly limit on models anyways

Yeah, I'm wondering why I'm checking this page everyday if it hasn't seen new news for 6 days...

polyguns said:
Im just glad that all those people who preordered or got the gold package now get to wait even longer :D SUCKERSSSSS.

Why would we have to wait longer? I see nothing that says that...

Juggy said:
Yeah, I'm wondering why I'm checking this page everyday if it hasn't seen new news for 6 days...

So much for their "delivering more news faster!" That lasted a whole what, 2 weeks? :hmph: Its not like there isn't any news either, theres always Mod news they could post about....

But its probably some sort of a technical problem on the forums (hopefully) I don't think they'd all stop posting news for this long intentionally

But yeah, I'll still support them as my #1 HL2 news resource :p

People have to report news to them for them to know about it.

Actually that was already posted at hl2.net

I highly doubt that out of the 200+ mods out there that not a single one is submitting news to the site :p Besides, theres likely some non-modification related shit going on. I won't know though, I'm here on this site to find out whats going on in the HL2 world, which brings us back to waiting.

Also, why do people have to report the news anyway? Why don't they hire people to find the news, put in a little field work and see what they can come up with. With all the connections they have, it only takes a few minutes of furious leftclicking and a few keystrokes and I'm sure they could come up with some cool stuff no one's heard about yet.

Back