Weekly Steam News (26/08/05)

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
It's that time of the week again, so restart steam or click here to see the latest VALVe news.

The bulk of the post simply confirms what we already know; Blue Shift has been released, and the High Definition pack is soon to follow. The last paragraph is a golden nugget, however.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to share an angry Axis soldier running across the Day of Defeat: Source map "Flash". He and his shovel are coming soon to a Steam Games List near you. (It's difficult for us to pin the exact date down right now, but rest assured it's not far off.)
[br]

[br]So, Day of Defeat: Source is definately just around the corner. To see for yourself, click the thumbnail image above.

"Blue Shift has been released,"
Since when was blue shift out already?? I dont see it anywhere on my steam games.

must......have.....DoD...

Edit: you got blue shift if you had the old HL1 Premier Pack or HL2 Silver +

Day of Defeat: Source is getting so close I can feel the adrenaline surging through my veins already.

No Lost Coast! Since when does a couple of weeks turn into a month or more? :flame:

Sentinelrv said:
No Lost Coast! Since when does a couple of weeks turn into a month or more? :flame:
It's Valve buddy. Get used to it.

Yeah....sounds like Lost Coast is a little....lost... >_>

Oh wellz. DoD:S shall pwn.

Ennui said:
It's Valve buddy. Get used to it.

Yep, right you are, but I was really hoping for it tonight. I guess I'll just have to look forward to next week then. :D

OMFG I ****IN H8TE VALVE SO ****IN MUCH :flame: :flame:

WHERE THE **** IS LOST COAST!!?!<1.,1 :sniper: VALVE IS SO ****ING GAY

:flame: I ****IN HATE VALVE :flame:

WE HAV 2 W8 4 MONTHS BEFOR LOST COAST CAN ****IN COME OUT ****ING ASSHOLES WTFWTFWTWF :flame: :flame: THEY SED IT WUD COME OUT NOW ****ING AWSSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

AND WE HAVE THAT GAY ASS :sniper: STEAMING PILE OF ****ING BULLSHIT WTFWTF SOGAWDAMNNED BUGY :flame:

Shens, I love you so much that I can't even express it.

Ennui said:
Shens, I love you so much that I can't even express it.

Actually you can express it, just post 3 more times and your post count will be the same as his, there is no bigger proof of love than that :E

P.D: Hurry up before he keeps posting…

Higher post count is not a good thing when you get as high as this I'm afraid... it's a bit sad really :D

anyone else notice that the screenshot that they gave in the update news isnt even from blue shift, but actually from opposing force?

Deemo said:
anyone else notice that the screenshot that they gave in the update news isnt even from blue shift, but actually from opposing force?

What??? Dude, that guy was more German than my father-in-law Lederhose

OMFG I ****IN H8TE VALVE SO ****IN MUCH

WHERE THE **** IS LOST COAST!!?!<1.,1 VALVE IS SO ****ING GAY

I ****IN HATE VALVE

WE HAV 2 W8 4 MONTHS BEFOR LOST COAST CAN ****IN COME OUT ****ING ASSHOLES WTFWTFWTWF THEY SED IT WUD COME OUT NOW ****ING AWSSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

AND WE HAVE THAT GAY ASS STEAMING PILE OF ****ING BULLSHIT WTFWTF SOGAWDAMNNED BUGY

lol, their most likely waiting for ATI to release their newest card anyways, seeing as how the lost coast (aka, ati levels) is just re-paying ati for the whole "get a free copy of half-life2 by buying this ati card" promotion thing. So when you see ATI's newest is close to release then lost coast will probably follow. There will probably be "Half-life2: Lost Coast runs best on the new ATI (insert gee whiz bang model here)" when their released i'd imagine.

aeroripper said:
lol, their most likely waiting for ATI to release their newest card anyways, seeing as how the lost coast (aka, ati levels) is just re-paying ati for the whole "get a free copy of half-life2 by buying this ati card" promotion thing. So when you see ATI's newest is close to release then lost coast will probably follow. There will probably be "Half-life2: Lost Coast runs best on the new ATI (insert gee whiz bang model here)" when their released i'd imagine.

Yeah you believe that....X800's can run LC fine, whats the point of waiting for the new ATi cards? Nothing.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Yeah you believe that....X800's can run LC fine, whats the point of waiting for the new ATi cards? Nothing.

Because ATi paid Valve a lot of money? I don't think Valve want to wait, I imagine ATi would like it though...

no SAS model... ive been waiting for about 3 weeks now. what the hell man.

Did you even bother reading the whole post?

seeing as how the lost coast (aka, ati levels) is just re-paying ati for the whole "get a free copy of half-life2 by buying this ati card" promotion thing.

But the average blow-joe consumer shopping for a new card will see that and probably buy it. It's all for the marketing and that's what ati wants. Buy our newest and fastest card to run lost coast at its best etc etc...

Thats what im talking about Valve

DOD for the win!

A steam update worth my approval!

aeroripper said:

well....valve said there was no external factors relating to the delay.

well....valve said there was no external factors relating to the day.

lol, like they would actually admit that their waiting for ATI. Valve even said early in lost coast announcement that these were originally planned as the "ati" levels.

I really don't trust valve that much to tell the truth when it comes to delays.

Ennui said:
Day of Defeat: Source is getting so close I can feel the adrenaline surging through my veins already.

shovels FTW :bounce: :bounce: :cool: :afro:

I was a Nazi on Kalt, they had an mg and sniper in the house opposite the second flag, went through the sewers and got into the house through the door (they hadn't blown up the wall) got up the stairs and spaded the mg and sniper.

Definately shovels ftw. :E

Seriously, updates from Valve mean nothing when it comes to time. "Soon", "just around the corner", "almost ready", "keep you posted" and stuff like that are just words meant to appease the masses. I'm perfectly content with waiting on DoD and I know they're not gonna purposely delay its launch once it's done, so I'll be there when it's ready. Just don't tell me it's "soon."

Current things from Valve to be released soon:
New models for CS:S
Some info on TF2
DOD:S
Lost Coast
Aftermath
(anything else? can't remember)

Remember how long it took them to finally release the winners of the Deathmatch map-making contest? I couldn't believe it would take so long once it's ALREADY announced. I don't need to know what you're planning if it's gonna be so slow, it just makes people pissed off.

Deemo said:
im not talking about the DoD screenshot, but if you actually click in the update news you see this screenshot: http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/August26.2005/img/BlueShift.jpg

which im 99.9% sure is not from blue shift

i dont know something stupid i realized cuz im bored as hell
It's from the Cliff Section on Half-Life 1 rather than from Opposing Force. You don't get Friendly Marines who look like that AFAIK (the OP4 marines are given more personality so you're less inclined to shoot them in the face). The Orange HUD confirms that its from HL1. Whether this is a "mistake" is debateable: they're showing off the HD Pack rather than BS. The very same screenshot was posted in this HL2.net report a few days ago

Deemo said:
must......have.....DoD...

Edit: you got blue shift if you had the old HL1 Premier Pack or HL2 Silver +
They were showing the HD pack, not Blue Shift.

Wow that screen looks awesome...except...anyone else think he shouldn't be so hunched over?

Edit: eh nvm, probably just a bad angle...

there was a time that i'd do like shens did, and get angry at Lost Coast being delayed again, especially since they precisely said it would be out a couple of weeks ago. now i'm just laughing. this is so much ridiculous.. it makes you wonder what the hell happens in the valve headquarters. are they THAT disorganised ? if that was just that, i think they could at the very least apologize for something that is kept being pushed. now they just pretend it doesn't exist anymore, and fill the update with confirmation of the blue shift release (wow i didn't know that ! kthanks) and stating that DOD:S is "coming soon" (you have been saying that for months ! rings a bell ? you even gave a (missed) release date just a fortnight ago !) what are they trying to come to ?
do they just like pulling jokes on the community ? that would be quite weird and disrespectful, i think this is no secret that some people get angry and frustrated at what's happening.

so, why ? the theory that they are waiting for ATI to get their cards out sounds good to me, but why don't they just clearly state it instead of "carrotting" everyone ?

This Just In! Lost Coast?! Free single level tech demo?! FTW?!

Seriously, Valve aren't involved in a holocaust or something.

LOL. Just around the corner? wha makes you think that? As some have laready pointed out that could mean anything from a week to a year with Valve! HL2 was just around the corner in August 2003!!

The worse thing about Lost Coast is that everyone's wetting their pants over it & it's probably going to contain about half hours gameplay tops! But the longer Valve take to release it the more dissapointed people are going to be. I wonder what the delay is exactly?

On the contrary, I wait patiently for all Valve products to come out and have no problems whatsoever with the futher delayment of Lost Coast, DoD:S, Aftermath, and any other Valve content that has been promised.

dogboy73 said:
LOL. Just around the corner? wha makes you think that? As some have laready pointed out that could mean anything from a week to a year with Valve! HL2 was just around the corner in August 2003!!

The worse thing about Lost Coast is that everyone's wetting their pants over it & it's probably going to contain about half hours gameplay tops! But the longer Valve take to release it the more dissapointed people are going to be. I wonder what the delay is exactly?

That's why I used a vague term like "just around the corner". We have no idea how long the street is... but it's stil apparant that DOD:S is in it's final stages.

bigdeezy23 said:
Seriously, updates from Valve mean nothing when it comes to time. "Soon", "just around the corner", "almost ready", "keep you posted" and stuff like that are just words meant to appease the masses. I'm perfectly content with waiting on DoD and I know they're not gonna purposely delay its launch once it's done, so I'll be there when it's ready. Just don't tell me it's "soon."

Current things from Valve to be released soon:
New models for CS:S
Some info on TF2
DOD:S
Lost Coast
Aftermath
(anything else? can't remember)

Remember how long it took them to finally release the winners of the Deathmatch map-making contest? I couldn't believe it would take so long once it's ALREADY announced. I don't need to know what you're planning if it's gonna be so slow, it just makes people pissed off.

Half Life: Source Deathmatch
Opposing Force: Source
Blue Shift: Source
Opposing Force: CTF

Dowie said:
Half Life: Source Deathmatch
Opposing Force: Source
Blue Shift: Source
Opposing Force: CTF

...did they ever say they were going to do all those?

Back