Weekly Steam News Update

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
In this weeks Steam news update, Valve has given is a preview of their upcoming Counter-Strike: Source map remake of Militia: [br]

[br]Not only will this map be dramatically different looking then its predecessor, but it will also have a few new game play elements added to it.[br]Valve also would like the community to know that the Dystopia team has released a new version of their game. But, I’m sure you all knew this already…[br]To view this weeks news update, simply restart your Steam client.

That picture looks bloody awesome. HDR + leaves = good.

Wow, I didn't expect it to look that good. But then again, I didn't expect all those remakes to look as good as they do :p.

so militia takes place around what looks to be a barn? thats cool

I love the new militia theme. This map will make me want to get into cs:s again.

I like the new heading. It simply looks wonderfull, I might just play this map by my self for a while to experience it's beauty.

Valve of course, Turtle rock isnt involved in any of the remakes, plus they worked on condition zero and militia isnt a condition zero map.

Although valve may have taken on some Turtle Rock employee's but i dont think they actually had the company work on it. Well beyond doing the Bot work anyway.

agentbob00 said:
Valve of course, Turtle rock isnt involved in any of the remakes, plus they worked on condition zero and militia isnt a condition zero map.

Although valve may have taken on some Turtle Rock employee's but i dont think they actually had the company work on it. Well beyond doing the Bot work anyway.

Turtle Rock had a hand in Nuke, Inferno, Train, Prodigy, Tides, and Office.

http://www.turtlerockstudios.com/

Wow! Looks way cooler than old Militia! Consider me pleasantly surprised!

It's about time they release HDR for third party games! ;o

"New gameplay elements" huh? Let's hope that means more cover for the people coming in through the front, rather than it being an AWP turkey-shoot.

Looks good, I hope it won't be an AWP/sniper map like de_aztec.

Looks awesome. I take back my wish for wanting it to be a desert.

:p

Looking quite nice. Change from the normal militia, but I think it's for the best.

Can you get up on those massive cylinders? :D

Looks awesome! Everything is PERFECT.

I'm now going to go to the steampowered forums to see how many people are bitching that it isn't a straight up port from 1.6.

TheMastahC said:
I'm now going to go to the steampowered forums to see how many people are bitching that it isn't a straight up port from 1.6.

You'd be surprised...

My jaw dropped when I saw this... and I didn't even maximize the pic yet!

It looks great, let's hope the rest of it is great too. They rarely disappoint me.

:bounce:

Effing gorgeous. I honestly wanted it to be an out-and-out port at first, but whatever team did this just made me eat my words. Holy crap.

MuToiD_MaN said:
"New gameplay elements" huh? Let's hope that means more cover for the people coming in through the front, rather than it being an AWP turkey-shoot.
Or maybe it means you get points for flushing that turd down the toity!:thumbs:

MuToiD_MaN said:
Or maybe it means you get points for flushing that turd down the toity!:thumbs:

I wonder what the sewer system is gonna be like, with the rural setting and all....

It looks friggin' mind blowing!

omg.
Militia looks so good in that picture...definitely looks different from other CS:Source maps :thumbs:
so after Militia, whats next? :D

Wasn't expecting that kind of look, wow...

Cool, now I wonder when they're gonna mention some news on those new blur/depth/film effects for DoD:Source :E

Whoa.....heh, if they keep adding new stuff who knows what the next ferw maps will be like. And they are releasing these fast too....

Also I can't wait for some new player models, however the ones that just came out weren't that great. Guerrila Warefare looked like he was high or something :)

Now that in my mind is a great example of how adaptable and long lasting the source engines visual competition can be.

I wanted the source version of militia like the old one(desert), but this is just amazing!

Dr. Freeman said:
so after Militia, whats next? :D
Oilrig ...

:| ...

pffffHAHAHAHAHA I couldn't keep a straight face, even over the Internet.

MuToiD_MaN said:
Oilrig ...

:| ...

pffffHAHAHAHAHA I couldn't keep a straight face, even over the Internet.

:|:|:| :|:|:| :|:|:|

(...)

EDIT: I'm just over a 100 posts... wee.

Got nothing to say?

Then SAY NOTHING

Back