Weekly Update (Feb 9th)

Monday, wow they love doing random times lol.

U.S. only, bummer.

On that note the site seems to be down for me, anybody else?

wah? a valve store? So they;re bringing steam to the high street now?

They are giving us a store to buy HL2 clothes so we can show everyone how big of a nerd we are.

Well he lambada symbol is used for gay pride aswell, I don't think I want to be walking about with that on my back in Brighton ;)

^Ben said:
Well he lambada symbol is used for gay pride aswell, I don't think I want to be walking about with that on my back in Brighton ;)

I never knew that, maybe that's just a European thing.

Lol, did anyone get on it,

Can you buy say HL Source or DOD Source separately?

Dowie said:
Lol, did anyone get on it,

Can you buy say HL Source or DOD Source separately?

No the buy games link was just pointing to the steam purchase page for bronze, silver and gold.

I got on it and had a look at it all, selection is pretty non existent.

HL2:

Tshirt
Cap

CS:

Shirt
Poster

DOD:

Poster

Thank you for visiting our Web Store. We expect our Store will be available soon. Please try again in a few minutes.

And no deliveries outside of North America anyway...

Still, we can always pray for official Headcrab plushies... and Snarks. A super-deformed toy of Dr Kliener would be kind of funky too :)

OD-Black_Fire said:
...oh shit

so I take it you've been strutting around proudly wearing your HL2 T-shirt with the enlarged Lambda symbol?

Raziel-Jcd said:
Im going to get myself a Cs shirt. :)

Most of your links in the "Games to watch out for" are outdated and/or broken. Just for your information.

MetalliMyers said:
Most of your links in the "Games to watch out for" are outdated and/or broken. Just for your information.

Thx a lot for the heads up. Ill update it asap. :thumbs:

4000/ :p

:devil: ME IS THE ASSASSIN!!! :devil:

Raziel-Jcd said:
Thx a lot for the heads up. Ill update it asap. :thumbs:

4000/ :p

:devil: ME IS THE ASSASSIN!!! :devil:

w00t for posts like "this is stupid" :p :thumbs: we rock

B-MAn said:
wah? a valve store? So they;re bringing steam to the high street now?

Yes, you can download your favourite HL2 T-shirt right away ;).

What the... a poster is US $7.95

Does anyone else think thats a bit expensive?

^Ben said:
"Because of its militant associations, the lambda symbol has spread throughout the world. It sometimes appears in the form of an amulet hung round the neck as a subtle sign of recognition which can pass among unknowing heterosexuals as a mere ornament. Such emblems may reflect a tendency among homosexuals toward tribalization as a distinct segment of society, one conceived as a quasi-ethnic group."
"The lowercase Greek letter lambda carries several meanings. First of all, it represents scales, and thus balance. The Greeks considered balance to be the constant adjustment necessary to keep opposing forces from overcoming each other." ...
"To the Spartans, the lambda meant unity. They felt that society should never infringe on anyone's individuality and freedom." ...
"in physics the symbol designates an energy change. Thus the lambda, with all its meanings, is an especially apt symbol for the gay liberation movement..."
That was the gayest thing I've ever read.
:x

I'm definately not going to wear anything with that now!
:x :LOL:

edit: Although, I'm not nerdy enough to buy game-related clothes anyways.

Goddamnit! I want a HL2 t-shirt... but it only delivers to the US...

I already have my shirt to wear with my hl2 hat.. ..my Mindless Self Indulgence, "Eat Shit" shirt....I seem to get some pretty odd responses to those :D

I like how they're trying to sell the posters. :LOL:

You can just go here, copy/paste them in Photoshop, and resize them to 300dpi.

Then print it yourself.

(who would buy a folded poster, anyways?)

kupoartist said:
And no deliveries outside of North America anyway...

Still, we can always pray for official Headcrab plushies... and Snarks. A super-deformed toy of Dr Kliener would be kind of funky too :)

All most hope they won't seening as i won't beable to order one for my self then. :(

I Need More Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must Get Cs:s Shirt@#$!@$%@$%@#$

lambda is does not signify Gay\lesbian... Its just some american CRAP. What ever is acient greek, its always gay for americans lol

Striker said:
lambda is does not signify Gay\lesbian... Its just some american CRAP. What ever is acient greek, its always gay for americans lol

Whatever dude, I have never heard the the lambda symbol being a "gay" symbol in my life.

I don't care if it does symbolize gay pride. I'll still wear the shirt. I don't give a crap what other people think. Those who know HL2 will know I'm a HL2-er.

EC said:
I don't care if it does symbolize gay pride. I'll still wear the shirt. I don't give a crap what other people think. Those who know HL2 will know I'm a HL2-er.
Just make sure you know who will start hitting on you then. :p

I bet the website was made by ID Software who's all jealous about not having a glyph that represents THEIR game, and all that, yo.

/conspiracy theorist

Back