Weird problem with exploding barrels.

MisterFloppy

Reaction score
Whenever i put more than one exploding barrel in my map, when i play it, only one or two are visible. The others are there, they just cant be seen, I can shoot them, blow them up and everything, they are invisible though.

Anyone know how I might fix this?

Hum, im a total mapping n00b but I read somewhere that not naming lights that are animated can cause problems.... maybe you need to name barrels as well...

Im sure you know but Left ALT+ENTER on the barrel and change the name there.

i cant see any objects till i get like 5 feet from them.

mine work perfectly. i stacked 12 barrels in a square formation. shot 1 with the bb gun (mk23) and stood in the middle watching my barrels ricochet around the room to explode a few seconds later.

are you editing for CSS, HL2 or HL2deathmatch? make sure to use the prop_physics.

maybe you need more light?

Have you checked the fade settings of the barrel entities?

Try setting them to:

Start Fade Dist = -1
End Fade Dist = 0
fade scale = 0

trylle said:
Have you checked the fade settings of the barrel entities?

Try setting them to:

Start Fade Dist = -1
End Fade Dist = 0
fade scale = 0

The first two were already set to that, but fade scale was at 1, setting it to 0 fixed it, thanks.

Odd. You could try using prop_physics_override instead of prop_physics, though.

trylle said:
Odd. You could try using prop_physics_override instead of prop_physics, though.

i thought that might be the problem for him, so i changed my exploding barrels to prop_physics_override to see if it made a diff in veiwing (which it didn't). by doing so the barrels no longer explode. you would then have to go in and set them to explode i guess.

I know this is obvious but make sure there are no leaks in you level, i.e. no holes to the void. That really messes things up for me.

I have the same problem... worked just fine at first, but then suddenly all the barrels became invisible..

Ha! Got it... somehow the barrels (prop_physics) had turned into prop_static.

Back