Well whats this..... (css torrent).

did they stop the other way of preloading by adding -applaunch 260 becuase i tried that and nothing pops out

ummm i put the file in...is it supposed to be on my game list coming soon? or jsut stay in the folder

huh i im confused? isnt this warez shit or something?:S

harhar

lol 80 kb/s ;-) :bounce:
and in 50 minutes i will... :imu: do nothin because : it's: :E unplayable...at least when it's : :rolleyes: uncracked... :rolling: :thumbs: :E :E :E :E

Hish: No it's not warez. This isn't warez, this isn't bad, in fact VALVe would like this.

All this is doing is taking the stress off of the Steam servers so they don't have to give out 366 megs to thousands of people, because I heard that the network is crappy right now and won't even let people in.

For people who don't have CS:CZ or the ATI voucher (that's what I got :D the voucher) then this is totally useless... Sure you could look at texture maps but I mean what's the point? Valve has given you pics and videos to more than compensate.

Trust me, if VALVe knew that people were sharing this and they did NOT like it, they would put in some code to make sure you downloaded it from Steam networks only probably... A few hours after that -applaunch thing was found they patched it, well the only reason why they patched it was because a lot of users who won't be able to use CSS were using up their bandwith for no good reason.

So no this isn't a bad thing at all!!! I hate it when people just see a .torrent and if it's some sort of game file people always think it's warez :( bittorrent isn't bad....

yeah.. sure.. it's 99% ware▒.. and everyones just leechin... :naughty: :smoking:
Iced_Eagle said:
Hish: No it's not warez. This isn't warez, this isn't bad, in fact VALVe would like this.

All this is doing is taking the stress off of the Steam servers so they don't have to give out 366 megs to thousands of people, because I heard that the network is crappy right now and won't even let people in.

For people who don't have CS:CZ or the ATI voucher (that's what I got :D the voucher) then this is totally useless... Sure you could look at texture maps but I mean what's the point? Valve has given you pics and videos to more than compensate.

Trust me, if VALVe knew that people were sharing this and they did NOT like it, they would put in some code to make sure you downloaded it from Steam networks only probably... A few hours after that -applaunch thing was found they patched it, well the only reason why they patched it was because a lot of users who won't be able to use CSS were using up their bandwith for no good reason.

So no this isn't a bad thing at all!!! I hate it when people just see a .torrent and if it's some sort of game file people always think it's warez :( bittorrent isn't bad....

Why are u guys using torrent to upload CSS when you can use Steam with a command in the .exe shortcut to get it?

^Thomas^ said:
Why are u guys using torrent to upload CSS when you can use Steam with a command in the .exe shortcut to get it?

that method was fixed yesterday.

cuz this doesn't work anymore... :borg:
^Thomas^ said:

all you can do is view a few pics and hear a few sounds and models are there but cant use them...

So what did the .exe thing do yesterday? Is that where people were getting the built in spray logos from?

Farfege said:
So what did the .exe thing do yesterday? Is that where people were getting the built in spray logos from?
yup :eek: :upstare:

Few stats for the torrent thusfar:

Name: Counter Strike: Source (beta) Pre-Load
Type: Games - PC
Size: 366.25 MB (384,039,200 bytes)
Last Seeder: 2 mins ago
Added: 20 hrs ago
Completed: 576 times
Upped By: craigweb
Seeders: 70 seeders
Leechers: 293 leechers

576x366 = 210.816GB

benson said:
Few stats for the torrent thusfar:

Name: Counter Strike: Source (beta) Pre-Load
Type: Games - PC
Size: 366.25 MB (384,039,200 bytes)
Last Seeder: 2 mins ago
Added: 20 hrs ago
Completed: 576 times
Upped By: craigweb
Seeders: 70 seeders
Leechers: 293 leechers

576x366 = 210.816GB
nice that we now all now that craigweb!! has upped that torrent ..lol...get the fbi ready ppl :imu: :bounce: :bounce:

To everyone that downloaded that torrent thing,
REMOVE IT NOW,or face a possible steam ban
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915492,63276400,1086282751,43028200
STEAM BASICS

Can I distribute copies of any files in the Steam cache?

No.

Re-distribution of files from your Steam cache is illegal and a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement. As with other illegal activity, any Steam Subscribers participating in the distribution of files from their Steam cache or any other Valve content not permitted for re-distribution may have their accounts terminated. In accordance with the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Valve provides a limited license to re-distribute copies of the Steam Installer. For more information, please read the Steam Subscriber Agreement. The Steam Installer can be found at http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow.

the only one who distributed it is the one who made and uploaded the torrent...craigweb??? :E
eram said:
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915492,63276400,1086282751,43028200
STEAM BASICS

No.

Re-distribution of files from your Steam cache is illegal and a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement. As with other illegal activity, any Steam Subscribers participating in the distribution of files from their Steam cache or any other Valve content not permitted for re-distribution may have their accounts terminated. In accordance with the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Valve provides a limited license to re-distribute copies of the Steam Installer. For more information, please read the Steam Subscriber Agreement. The Steam Installer can be found at http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow.

segobi said:
the only one who distributed it is the one who made and uploaded the torrent...craigweb??? :E

opps. well i hope he didnt run steam while it was in there or use some shortcut to force it to update ....
i know all these reason people give to get the beta early, but really no point.Everyone downloaded the CZ pre load and steam was trouble free. Since then Steam has loads more bandwidth and the pre load is only 350mbs just under,so this aint no big deal.. To anyone that download the torrent. just leave it out our steam dir or risk being found out the next time u run steam....

When valve are on about re-distributing Cache files, they mean for games that you have to buy. Im sure spreading around the CS Source cache file will do nobody any harm, since nobody can use it till Valve say so, and it's free anyway.

The only thing that the torrenting of this cache can do is relieve pressure from Steam next week when the preloading starts for everyone else - and is that a bad thing?

if all this were true then why didnt VALVe release the .torrent, It's what they used for the hl2 vids...There are more reasons i can think of why it should only be updated via steam than this way but hey so be it Valve have warned people, i think the people that forced the update via steam should be more worried about this warning....

eram said:
STEAM BASICS

No.

Thats in regards to files removed from the cache file as far as I figure.

Theres nothing wrong with having the cache file now. As long as you don't start knicking things from inside of it...
I'm sure Gabe said it was fine to get the cache file yesterday.

No.

seems like a very fine line on this issue then...

eram said:
seems like a very fine line on this issue then...

No. It just seems like you're a newbie idiot who's trying to stir up shit.

Valve's CEO already said yesterday that it was possible to download it and he wasn't really bothered if you did or not (see the sticky at the top of the the thread), but would rather we didn't seenas though it's not released to CZ users yet and would hog up the network with everyone pre-caching, so I created a *.torrent for the cache file.

Those of you who say this is a waste of time because the file may be changed are also slightly off. All the textures, sounds, models, and most of the code (i.e. 95%) of the GCF file will remain the same, and only bugs will be altered. Steam DOES NOT re-download a cache file everytime changes need to be made.

It's no big deal anyway, I'm not warezing anything, and if you don't have the correct Steam privilages you can't do anything with the GCF file anyway, so why do you care?

benson said:
No. It just seems like you're a newbie idiot who's trying to stir up shit.

you should have some respect...you cannot do want you want, just because you feel anonymous.

pixartist said:
you should have some respect...you cannot do want you want, just because you feel anonymous.

I think if that had been a face-to-face conversation he'd have said exactly the same. Some people deserve no tolerance.

ok so because of the torrent and the other p2p networks are out.How many of those own CZ.?
How many right now are working on a non steam version?(just like all the other steam games)
i dont understand why if you cant even play the game why bother,The offical date for cz is not yesterday or today and the only reason gabe said he didnt mind is because VALVe still think there gcf's are more or less 100% safe. HL2 anon and the Free CZ in 3rd party games are prime examples why steam users should just wait until its there turn...Cheers guys for leaking yet another file to people that shouldnt, I dont care that you personaly own CZ and you feel"you have the right" to download files you Will own at some point..It's why steam updates and not has patches on the net.

Sharing of .gcf files are a violation of the EULA. The contents of the resources are copyrighted materials folks.

gabe said something like "you can share the gcf files as they are useless without the blha blah balh" its in the valve info thread!!! read it!

I got a better idea. Lets not discuss how to get CS:S early, and instead, we ****ing wait until it's delivered to us, ok?

lol the guy who originally posts this didn't disclose info that he created it. It only came in the latter part of the thread, and it was funny.

Marty905 is full of ****, putting a partial source file in your steamapps folder does NOT work

AlphaInfinity said:
Marty905 is full of ****, putting a partial source file in your steamapps folder does NOT work

Great way to start here. Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah because it gets you banned.
Welcome to the forums, but play nice or else...read the sig.

Hey, threaten to ban the guy who was posting false info, not the person who was stating that his information was way incorrect.

What a lovely thread. *sigh*

So basically downloading the pre-load cache file is okay because it "takes stress off the content servers"? hmmm yeah...

css.jpg

CB | Para said:

So basically downloading the pre-load cache file is okay because it "takes stress off the content servers"? hmmm yeah...

....You think this is wrong why?

Why do some ppl have to be so personally defensive of Valve. Its not the end of Valve just because we didn't use Steam to download the cache file you know...

CB | Para said:

...yes that is exactly the reason!

Back