What age do you think is suitable for driving a car? 16 or 18?

What age should people be allowed to drive a car?

Votes: 10 15.4%

Votes: 14 21.5%

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
I agree with short recoil. At 16, lots of teens are competent and responsible enough to drive a car, but many aren't. The test should be made MUCH harder to filter out the fucktards.

People who don't get their licence within 5 tries should never be allowed to drive.

People who don't get their license within 5 tries should never be allowed to drive.

Five tries? Five tries?! Sweet mother Mary of god, a car is like the third deadliest thing you can own, I say if you fail it twice you aren't allowed to drive.

I'm SICK of watching and listening to all these people who think they can drive talk about how well they drive. "I can drive at 90mph all day long on the highway, I'm an awesome driver." gahh!

If I lived slightly closer to the transit center, where alot of buses stop regularly, I wouldn't need to be able to drive at all. Granted I live in a good city... We have light rail that can go almost anywhere in the area combined with buses.

Age wise, 25ish. Unless you have some unusual need, you can walk/bike/carpool. Help the environment and yourself.

A lot of the people saying 20 or older don't seem to realize that an automobile is pretty much a necessity in some places. For example, there is almost zero public transportation where I live. I need a car if I want to get from A to B. 95% of the places I go to cannot be reached by bike.

You should be given an intelligence test to see if you are ready to drive. That way it would be different for people. If you are an idiot, you cant drive until you stop being an idiot.

I would have to say 16. It might be fine if you are in a bigger city and it also might be easier if you lived in one of many places in europe but it is extremely important to be able to drive (where I live).

The closest jobs are at least 20min away by car, travelling at 90km/h. In fact that is almost the only reaon why the age limit is 16, here. They need all of the kids to work and in order to do that they need transportation. The average distance to a family cottage is usually 200km.

You also might not know how much experience kids have around here with vehicles. Many students have dirt bikes, quads or other small vehicles and they give good practice. There are also many farmers here and the children operate the machines.

I would have no problem with higher ages but the distances are just too great.

16...that's when I got mine, I've never been in an accident, I've made one mistake that I regret, but there was no accident...I don't even think anyone saw it, and if you saw what happened you'd sympathise.

The most dangerous people on the road are the idiot old people. Complete morons who shouldn't be allowed on the road, the ones that randomly slam on the brakes every 15-30 ft, drive 30 mph below the speed limit, and basically disregard everyone else on the road. Probably half of them are on so many meds anyway they can't even tell where the yellow line is.

*sigh*

I don't know but I think obesity is the biggest problem of them all. People should walk everywhere.

pff, I've been driving since 15 and I haven't had any problems....

there are some others who I wouldn't like to see driving though...

Back