What are the features of CS: Source? (lean and prone)

Aceallways

Reaction score
Hello everyone I was just wondering about some of the changes/enhancments that CS: Source will feature.

Personally I am hoping for a lean feature, prone, and I also hope that steam will add better filtering options.

Anyone that can give me the details please post, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Personally, I think the game is already sporadic enough without leaning and especially going prone. You would get awped every two seconds if there was prone.

Man that is too bad because when I'm playing CS I always feel like these features are missing.

CS does not need lean or prone. Prone doesn't make any sense, since everyone hates campers as it is. Prone would be nice, but I hardly use it in games that support it.

I don't think anything like that will ever be added.
Wait for a CS2 for that. :)

Lean in games is stupid. Prone is for DoD. Hopefully DoD source will fix that stupid prone-machine-gun-tracer-bug.

Gameplay is too fast to make use of either of those features.

If you want Lean/Prone, play America's Army.

sPaNk

I'd actually like it if they added those, there are lots of times I feel like leaning around a corner, or prone-crawling unseen behind some of the really short barriers in the game.

This isn't CS2. It was never meant to change any gameplay elements.

Lep said:
Gameplay is too fast to make use of either of those features.
That's right. CS is great because it doesn't have any of those gameplay-slowing features. It's fast and brutal, if you're a pussy and want to crawl around the map or lean around every corner because you're scared then it's not the game for you.

If Leaning was included in CSS, then that would be a feature that I would definitely use, especially if you can shoot while you lean(ie: Ravenshield). However, since CS is faster paced than RvS, going Prone is uesless. It isn't something that I think should be included.

Mr-Fusion said:
That's right. CS is great because it doesn't have any of those gameplay-slowing features. It's fast and brutal, if you're a pussy and want to crawl around the map or lean around every corner because you're scared then it's not the game for you.
Leaning isn't a gameplay-slowing feature. Yes, CSS is fast and brutal but I've played Ravenshield matches that were even faster and more brutal than CSS. I've had a Ravenshield rounds last 15 seconds before everyone on the opposing team was dead. Leaning around corners doesn't make you a pussy. In my experience, most games with a prone feature are so fast paced that going prone would be impractical...

i agree with the lean option. i think it would be very valuable, and damn funny...in the sense of seeing a little CT head pop round the corner and then back quick enough to not get a bullet in the face :p

prone is for games like DoD and America's Army, where its a larger or more realistic campaign. when have you seen a SWAT guy storm a house and then go prone inside. and if its not used there, itll just make sniping more of a problem and rounds will last longer.

Anthraxxx said:
Leaning isn't a gameplay-slowing feature. Yes, CSS is fast and brutal but I've played Ravenshield matches that were even faster and more brutal than CSS. I've had a Ravenshield rounds last 15 seconds before everyone on the opposing team was dead. Leaning around corners doesn't make you a pussy. In my experience, most games with a prone feature are so fast paced that going prone would be impractical...

yeah because everybody on both teams were spamming nades? werent they :p ,god 6 grenades per ppl sucks.

most of the time when a round started it sounded like a artillery barrage lolz :LOL:

the game is to buggy anyway uugh freaking laaag, i started to hate that buggy piece of shit :sleep:

If you think leaning will somehow slow down gameplay, then you obviously have not played Call Of Duty online. It is just as fast and brutal as CS. Personally I think it is stupid to rush in guns blazing all of the time, especially since that crap will get you killed in the real world. This game already gets retarded most of the time by people who do not want to work together or use any real tactics. As much as I would like to see leaning added to the game, I doubt it will make it in. It seems that VALVe would have to make some major modifications to the modeling engine in order to add leaning, and I am sure they do not want the hastle when the community will do doubt be divided on the issue.

As long as the leaning isn't anything like moh:aa... now that leaning is WAY over the top, i think it should be ok, CoD leaning sucks i think, it feels to "heavy" like your fat

I know in some games with leaning just the camera changed your character dint. That was totally gay. But if your guy turns with the camera thats decent so then u can actually die. But either way.. leave it for Cs2, Cs: S dosn't need it for now.

cod is way faster paced speed than cs, but it still has lean and prone, and its very usful

Back