What bit of half life 2 impresses you most??

barnett

Reaction score
For me its definately the havoc physics!! I love the way bodies fall etc! none of this '4 ways to die' thingy :)

I like the body physics too, but it still looks a little less like a real body...

I was waiting for someone to bring this up rather than posting a new thread and it might have been noticed already. One thing about the ragdoll physics. I know they're brilliant, and definitely the best I've seen so far (apart from Hitman 2 but I'll change my mind once I've seen HL2's in action properly), but have you noticed in Barricade that the second combine soldier Gordon kills on the barricade after he's walked through the ruined building bends backwards during his death animation/ragdoll effect thingy. It looks odd, but it's also quite funny, I wouldn't actually mind if it was left like that.

Spontaneous vertibrae fracture?

The sound and Music.......so overlooked by some people, it still amazes me everytime I watch the steam movies

maby he had been lifting heavy bricks all day, and the bullets from gordon were just the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

The game is worth it just to use the manipulator.
Also, the laser-guided RPG is back. It was my favorite weapon from HL1. :)

Originally posted by barnett
For me its definately the havoc physics!! I love the way bodies fall etc! none of this '4 ways to die' thingy :)

There useing Havoc physics? where does it say that?
i lub the physics and the gun sounds!

i just thought HL2 was using its own physics system?! :x

I'm looking forwards to all the nice physics things you can do like throwing an oven on the headcrabs or the militia with the gravity gun hehe ;)

Gordon's Freeman, I take it as you know about Havok, you've visted their homepage recently? Did you not see the big ass picture of Gordon Freeman on their front page?

They've been using Havok for the last several years, and it's supposedly heavily modifed and teaked.

The fact that it was kept under wraps for 5 years.

Good call Adam.
The Manipulator, having Alien Slaves as your allies, the continuation of the plot, new beasties and learning more about the G-Man.

Every new game is required to have "ragdoll" physics... It's a given. Big deal. The world and material-based physics is a lot more impressive.

Character models look great. I wont miss the ugly hl1 models.

everything. I cant wait to hear the pistol sounds on my new Audigy2.

i like the fact that when the bodies are laying on the ground... they're not dancing all over the place.

I'll be spending many hours staring into the orange liquid tanks in Dr. Kleiner's lab.

:p

id have to say, the ragdoll effects and pretty much the phsyics. Then in 3rd comes the facial expressions and gameplay is pretty high up there too.

Teh sexeh silver box it'll come in....

Just as NW said, pretty much everything (except the HD space it'll take up).

EVERYTHING!!! minus the hideous MP7(?) i think that is what it is called

the fact that...
ITS REAL MAN!!!
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, no one thing would do it. All of it put together though... :)

All of it impressed me , I like the physics probably most , the interactivity. The AI and everything is amazing. . so is the water. And the story. you get the picture.

I like everything about the new game, but the face expressions I could do without, as well as the better graphics. I'd be willing to play Half-Life 1 with the new physics.

So my opinion is obviously the physics.

Back