what brand for CDRW?

hyenolie

Reaction score
can someone tell me whats the prefferences on cdrws. whats the word on em? which is best and most durable around here? some help please.

When it comes to CD/DVD burners, I'd only trust Sony, Creative or NEC. Always the best prices for the performance on their burners (or atleast the ones I've had experience with buying/using).

Generally speaking, any decent brand (Samsung, NEC, Sony, etc) will perform the same as any other burner (barring burn/read speeds and buffer sizes all are identical) and last a good long while.

Edit: Forgot to mention, 48x16x48 drives work very well. I've been pleased with my Sony CD burner and my NEC DVD burner

I have had nothing but good experience with lite-on. I think they are OEM for a lot of the larger brands too.

Also i've had no bad experiences with plextor.

CD burners...A lot of people perfer plextor.
Some Lite-On and I use TDK drives.
For dvd burners I would look to Pioneer/Sony.

Honestly...I stay away from Memorex CD-Rs and Burners. Not sure why but I just don't care for the brand.

Asus is suggesting a Lite-On/TDK burner. Am I the only dork amused by that?

Anyone found any CD's that can hit 52x? Let alone CR-RW's that hit 10x?

hyenolie said:
Sony 52x review
I perfer Lite-On drives mostly because of performance.
Plextor are good drives but cost too much and are not quite as good for performance as Lite-On (but like you would notice).

Plextor 52x review Lite-On 52x review
I just linked to the conclusion but you can page back to read the review.
Notice the Lite-On is the only one that got the 9 for performance.

ya i saw that, im goona go read it again, all were 8 after i looked at a couple of brands. hmm.. maybe lite on it is my friends.

P.S. i just came out of a post telling someone, if they goona post facts, they need to back em up with links, he had no links so i wrote a 2 sentence protocal for him and others to follow, thanks asus for the work regarding the links, thanks again, peace.

no, get the cheap 4x/2x/32x drive. lol jk. i have an old 12x tdk one and it works great; burns full 700mb cd in 6:50 @ 12.1x average with 99% success rate ( bad ones were caused by computer crashes/reboots). ive also had an old 8x iomega which was a piece of crap as it only had like a 50% success rate (old burner befor "buffer" technolgy was availibble for cd-rws)

Back