Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 86 82.7%
  • IE

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I would call Opera a Mac. Great out of the box, everything just works. Unique and nice feel. Great on memory, very fast, has best support for web standards, and most secure.
You degraded Opera the instant you compared it to the POS Mac. Are you implying that Opera is for 'tards?

Opera has awesome features and may be the most secure, but the lack of good customisation options is WTF. Firefox > Opera for me.

You degraded Opera the instant you compared it to the POS Mac. Are you implying that Opera is for 'tards?

Opera has awesome features and may be the most secure, but the lack of good customisation options is WTF. Firefox > Opera for me.
Both Leopard and Tiger were awesome OS's. I don't know what your talking about.

Where does Opera lack customization?

ITT we argue about shit that really doesn't matter

So, is it snowing yet in Michigan and Wisconsin? Hows the weather in England, The Land of the Engs?

lol great place to ask a question.

We got a little snow here in Wisconsin. It snowed the night before thanksgiving, but only a little bit of that snow is still left. This year has gotten off to a real late winter. Last year in October we had snow... I had to play soccer in it. Then again, last year during december it felt like it was august or september with no snow at all and rather high temperatures.

lol great place to ask a question.

We got a little snow here in Wisconsin. It snowed the night before thanksgiving, but only a little bit of that snow is still left. This year has gotten off to a real late winter. Last year in October we had snow... I had to play soccer in it. Then again, last year during december it felt like it was august or september with no snow at all and rather high temperatures.

Damn. So Al Gore was right after all?

It is getting a little chilly here in Virginia, but we had great fall weather this year. So great it worries me about Global Warming.

So very personal; the discussion became off-topic, I thought I should disrupt tensions, if I may.

Plus how much stuff you get without having to go search for a bunch of extensions is great.
Everything from User CSS, enabling/disabling damn near anything, allowing Opera to pose as another browser, etc...

And yes Opera does have developer tools.

And amazingly enough my firefox install does all that too, the 5 minutes to install what I wanted was a real killer :rolleyes:

Does Opera have an something similar to adblock yet? I know you can explicitly block certain things but that's a pain in the arse. The other thing I loathe about Opera is the way it displays side bars, it's plain annoying having it display all the tabs when I only want to see one thing. Pic for example notice how it displays the tabs for history and bookmarks and yet if I click the big bookmarks text I can change to history, how do I keep the sidebar without the useless icons?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9880/eghm4.jpg

Anyways I use http://lolifox.com/

Also one thing I hated when I was using FX, is sometimes I would accidently close out of a tab. If I do that with Opera the undo button brings it back!

Opera does have an error console. It's actually a very good system to find errors in your code. As it will go through and say "uhh WTF is this?". Opera has the best support for website standards. I could go through Facebook and point out a lot of the errors in the code that doesn't meet standards. It's a great tool for debugging your own code(javascript, CSS, html, etc..)

CTRL+SHIFT+T in FireFox will open your last closed tab. Hit it again and it'll keep going back. It'll even re-open the tab in the position it was in when you closed it. None of this "undo" crap, that's for text and document editing, not actions I take in the UI.

Also, you can't beat FireBug for JavaScript/CSS debugging. It'll even let you STEP THROUGH javascript code as it is executing. You can browse the DOM of the entire page through a tree structure. You can click on an element and see what CSS classes and properties are affecting it, including what file the CSS classes are declared in and which properties are overridden. You can view the HTTP request and response data, including for asynchronous requests (real handy for AJAX developers), and you can see the response time and HTTP code for each object that is loaded on the page (images, css and js files, etc). You can simply right click an element on the page to bring up all the DOM and CSS data about it. I could go on...

Another handy plugin for testing your websites if you have localized content... FoxyProxy lets use swap proxies out with a few clicks (so you can fake being a user from another country)

CTRL+SHIFT+T in FireFox will open your last closed tab. Hit it again and it'll keep going back. It'll even re-open the tab in the position it was in when you closed it. None of this "undo" crap, that's for text and document editing, not actions I take in the UI.
Ctrl Z is univerally considered "undo" on windows. Text, Documenting Editing, Deleting Files, Moving Files, etc... I hate having to look up shorcuts, especially when I was unable to find a way to do it via GUI.

Why should it be any different for your browser?

usin good ol Firefox on me laptop, though sometimes i do have to switch to IE for certain pages (designed for IE, not following W3C) Opera on my phone, and sometimes on my laptop. Yes sometimes firefox has some issues with mem usage, but I've been using FF 3 Beta 1 for a few days and i love it. If you close the window it asks if you would like to save current tabs for future use now, instead of only doing it if it crashes. Oh, n you can open recently closed tabs through the GUI, it's under History.

I find these settings in Firefox to work really well for me, although it is missing the Imageshack toolbar.
myfirefoxlu6.jpg

Edit: Grrr can't embed images.

Ctrl Z is univerally considered "undo" on windows. Text, Documenting Editing, Deleting Files, Moving Files, etc... I hate having to look up shorcuts, especially when I was unable to find a way to do it via GUI.

Why should it be any different for your browser?
Ctrl-Z in Firefox applies to the text boxes, for example if I press Ctrl-Z multiple times right now I can undo all the text I just typed.

I find these settings in Firefox to work really well for me, although it is missing the Imageshack toolbar.
myfirefoxlu6.jpg

Edit: Grrr can't embed images.

Ctrl-Z in Firefox applies to the text boxes, for example if I press Ctrl-Z multiple times right now I can undo all the text I just typed.
Really I would have never of guessed! Ctrl Z undo's text? I've never seen that implemented in every word processing program including the ones of written myself!

Ctrl Z under Opera does that to!! In fact Opera even knows the difference between when you want it done in a text box vs when you want it done on the GUI. It's a simple thing of "focus", and what object on the screen has that focus.

Ctrl Z should be the default way to undo anything on windows. There should never be another key designated to undo. I don't wanna remember 50 ways to undo 50 different things in 50 different programs. I want a single unified way to undo.

If you close the window it asks if you would like to save current tabs for future use now, instead of only doing it if it crashes. Oh, n you can open recently closed tabs through the GUI, it's under History.
Yet one more thing Opera has had since forever that has gone unnoticed.

I do have to say the default FF GUI looks a bit tired now. It works in Windows classic, but not luna.

I do have to say the default FF GUI looks a bit tired now. It works in Windows classic, but not luna.

I agree, but that's why there are a countless number of user-made themes to choose from.

Wow, overreact much? It's a browser not a piece of your soul.
No one cares. A browser isn't worth fighting about. Calm down.
and what about global warming? I don't see people saying that to topics on gloabl warming, because were gonna solve so much by talking about global warming on a forum. Nothing is really worth fighting about on a forum. Yet it happens. So yeah I might overreact but it's a forum, so what does it matter if I over react? It doesn't. It's a small insignificant forum where debate really doesn't change anything. I choose to fight about a browser, thats no worse than choosing to fight about global warming in a simple forum that will have no significant impact on the issue. I don't care about the issue of what browser you use or what browser is better. Hell I never thought about it till I read this topic and i'll forget about it a second after I post this. But it's something that can be debated, therefor I will debate it just as I would in any other debate. It could be a debate about global warming, mice, tractor toys, browsers, OS's, Grass, Trees, Dogs, etc.. it's all equally debatable and equally worth debating on a forum.

Did you just compare a web browser to global warming?

No he compared discussing web browsers on an internet forum to discussing global warming on an internet forum. Read better :p

Used IE initially and then tried out MyIE2 but it was shit (although it may have improved now since I last tried it, like 4 years ago. :|). In those 4 years I've just used Opera and IE for pages that don't work in Opera. I've gotten use to using it and I like it so I can't see any point switching.

Because it's been one of the best browsers out there, and has garnered a lot of well deserved support over the years as a great alternative to IE.

Back