What do we KNOW about the G-man

He talks to a Black Mesa Security Guard

Doesn't he refrain from mentioning the word "Time" in the begining and end?

Hey guys - I'm new here, but figured I'd jump in too. :)

I haven't played opposing forces (or blue shift, for that matter), but I was thinking that The G-Man didn't interact with other characters. Because I didn't see him talk to a security guard. Certainly at the end of HL2 it's apparent that he's only focusing on Gordon.

Also, The G-Man can show up anywhere, ahead of Gordon, without interference from ANYTHING. Although that seemed to be more obvious in HL1, maybe he was watching more intently in HL1 and just assuming that Gordon was the man for the job in HL2.

It's possible that The G-Man did not want anything to be discovered in HL1, which was why he was (presumeably) trying to destroy Black Mesa initially. The events of HL2 seem to be due to Xen being discovered, although that's only theoretical. Maybe he adapted his plans based on those events.

I don't remember the exact wording, but at the beginning of HL1, it says something like "Administrative Representative: Classified". But if the G-Man wasn't as interested in Gordon as the primary in HL1, why would he have purshed for him to be hired?

And as much as I like the idea of the G-man being from the future, wouldn't he be able to tell what was going to happen, even if it was based on events he helped shape? I only say that because, theretically, if he "released" Gordon in the beginning of HL2, wouldn't he be able to instantly tell what was going to happen? I say that mainly because he doesn't offer any "help" to change the destiny.

I would suppose that the G-man is some sort of Intra-dimensional traveller rather than from the future. I think he can only affect OUR reality in minor ways, and has limited knowledge or vision of the future, but the ability to move in and out of our dimension in any way.

Timbrewolf

timbrewolf said:
I haven't played opposing forces (or blue shift, for that matter), but I was thinking that The G-Man didn't interact with other characters. Because I didn't see him talk to a security guard. Certainly at the end of HL2 it's apparent that he's only focusing on Gordon.
He interacts with at least one character in HL1, Opposing Force and Half-Life 2. He's seen talking to: A scientest in HL1's "Anomalous Materials" chapter, A Barney in the reception room of the complex you start in in Op4, and with Colonel Cubbage in "Highway 17" of HL 2.

Look through the binoculars in one of the promontory houses.

Gman's eyes are green, so are Gordon's

gman=gordon? imagine gordon w/o moustache and all...:)

Ive Killed him

I have killed the G-man, in the first level in the lab where the first transporter is. I enabled cheats and got all weapons, then I enabled noclip and flew around, I noticed a small section of the map where there was a stair well and a fence, the G-man was standing to one side of the fence I went right up to his face and stopped for a moment his eyes shifted to me and I put a bullet from the SMG right in his head and he fell down, thud :x . Dont belive me give it a try, when the charachters are trying to tell you to put on the HEV suit just no clip away, and do what I said above.

Would it be safe to say that:

The G-man is NOT working for the Combine?

Nickel2388 said:
I have killed the G-man, in the first level in the lab where the first transporter is. I enabled cheats and got all weapons, then I enabled noclip and flew around, I noticed a small section of the map where there was a stair well and a fence, the G-man was standing to one side of the fence I went right up to his face and stopped for a moment his eyes shifted to me and I put a bullet from the SMG right in his head and he fell down, thud :x . Dont belive me give it a try, when the charachters are trying to tell you to put on the HEV suit just no clip away, and do what I said above.

Anyone can kill the G-man with cheats. Was it worth resurrecting this thread just to share this with us?

Blakeb155 said:
Was it worth resurrecting this thread just to share this with us?
Yet another thread has been brought back from the dead. :rolleyes:

It feels like people go to the very last page of a certain forum, and then reply to the very last thread there. It's kind of annoying, when you see:

[NAME] Posted at: 21-11-04
[NAME] Posted at: Today, 9:03AM

... and the guy that brings up the dead thread usually has nothing important to add.

The G-Man appeared to have a metallic texture and sound effects when damaged, when a walking spider-like forklift seen in the intro would bleed.

On the Water Hazard level,I use the gun on the air boat to shoot the G-man,result was that sparks came flying out of him......weird

Sieg said:
On the Water Hazard level,I use the gun on the air boat to shoot the G-man,result was that sparks came flying out of him......weird
The sparks where coming from the metal around him.

yeh hes invincible if there is a time where you would be able to harm him without cheats.

sfc_hoot said:
Yet another thread has been brought back from the dead. :rolleyes:

It feels like people go to the very last page of a certain forum, and then reply to the very last thread there. It's kind of annoying, when you see:

[NAME] Posted at: 21-11-04
[NAME] Posted at: Today, 9:03AM

... and the guy that brings up the dead thread usually has nothing important to add.

Exactly, at least if you must dig through the archives at least add something important or beneficial for the community. :hmph:

ríomhaire said:
The sparks where coming from the metal around him.
Dude,I'm the head sniper of a CS clan,there is no way I diden't shoot the guy in the head.

Sieg said:
Dude,I'm the head sniper of a CS clan,there is no way I diden't shoot the guy in the head.
It dosn't mater if you are a sniper, the bullets have a major spread. You can't go around with a shotgun and expect to only hit someone in 1 part of their body with a shot.

What if g-man was a robot? Cause sparks fly when we hurt him.

PS: Whats a synth?

A synth is a bio-mechanical Combine unit.
They are the
Strider
Gunship
Dropship
Shield scanner
Crab synth
Mortar synth.

furiousV said:
u sure the shield scanner is organic?
In Raising the Bar concepts it certainly is. Not had a close enough look at the in game version, but I think it is still an organic machine.

yes they are ^^ you can see a skin material on them similar to stryders

There are 2 types of scanners. mechanical (that you see at the start of the game) and synth-esque (you see them in anticitizen one / follow freeman.

Back