Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Enviorment

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Killer graphics

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I voted A.I./Physics because I'm looking forward to using only the manipulator and grenades as much as I can to get cool stuff to happen... which will be made even sweeter by the A.I.'s reactions!

The new engine I'm also liking because:
1) It scales and is playable on average systems
2) The MODS man! (I even plan to do one!)

Definatly AI/Physics

I love the improved ragdoll physics

yeah, its all about the ragdoll. it better become the standard for games from now on. and i hope geomod gets implimented more cause that was fun.

Uh... i dont know where you're getting that from, but Geomodding (used heavily in games like Red Faction) is using map displacement and someother technical crap so that...when you shoot a rocket at the wall, it'l leave a crater... in Red Faction Online, snipers often dig tunnels to higher spots and then have thier own sniping spot

i voted A.I / Physics because the AI are indeed very intelligent in terms of gameplay. Matches the nice interactive environment.

But i do say that HL2 doesent have that good of graphics, its mostly been impaired by the fact that (from the screenies) cylinders arent rendered properly, (they still look 12 sided unless its a thin pipe), and the interactive environment acctully causes lighting problems within the engine

Most. Unbalanced. Poll. Ever. Why don't you just make a poll that asks:

Why do you like life?
A. Taxes
B. Sex, drugs, rock n' roll
C. Work

The game in a whole, you should have made the poll multiple answer.

The fact that its:

1) A part of the Half Life Universe

2) Is made by Valve

3) Its out real damm soon

Environmental immersion is probably the most important aspect of a game for me, so I'm one of the two to vote option three.

What can I say? I loved the HL1 AI, and HL2's is way better even, plus the physics, those 2 factors really convinced me. Plus of course, it's sequel to HL1 which is already enough reason to buy it, plus it's HL universe, like Mr.Magnetichead mentioned.

I vote other.....its not each thing individualy that are cool becuase they have all pretty much been done in some form or another.....its bringing all of them together that is cool IMO.

i voted for the environment cause its looks really good, especially the outdoor parts like with the buggy

I agree with crabcakes, but the physics are really the coolest overall.
Everything else ties for second. :thumbs:

Pushing stuff to make instant barriers and using the Manipulator will be awesome. For me, it's all about the interactivity.

I picked "Other" because the only thing I care about is that Gordon's back

This poll should have been called "What aspect of HL2 are you most looking forward to?"

Personally, I'm really looking forward to an immersive gaming experience, and getting drawn deeper into the plot. That's what I loved about HL, and I'm sure HL2 will deliver.

I voted for New engine. No game had an engine like HL. I loved the way of jumping shooting and moving around. I hope HL2 will be even better :)

Back