What do you predict is going to happen on the 30th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the halo beta, I'm guessing its unoptimised because it runs like shit on a way above average PC with the details turned down.

1.benchmark will be released to bench your system for...

2. Halflife 2 going gold on the same day! (I mean whats so perfect for a Alcatraz partay!)

3.Around Oct 14 US peeps will get it, 17th the canucks get it, everyone else I dunno hehe

(well thats what a guy that works at vivendi told me, but if that doesnt happen, then the furthest it will be out would be mid november)

well thats MY opinion on it anyways, no need to flame if you think its bs :cheers:

I think I'll be picking up Halo, and hopefully downloading the Benchmark tool. It would be nice if HL2 went gold, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

millions of hl fanboys will commit suicide when the truth hits them

halo is for sale at walmart...(today, that isnt a prediction for the 30th)

I'm hoping for more media: pics and movies. It's not only a satisfactory goodwill present for our fans, it'll keep our minds on HL2 amidst D3 and Halo (consistent with their continuing marketing).

no no, i have a better idea:

1. SDK Released
2. Bug-Free Steam Release
3. All Remaining E3 Videos Released
4. Benchmark Release
5. 5 New Screenshots
6. Multiplayer infomation
7. TF2 Announcement
8. Gold Announcement

That would just about make up for the delay :)

Originally posted by Spiffae
no no, i have a better idea:

1. SDK Released
2. Bug-Free Steam Release
3. All Remaining E3 Videos Released
4. Benchmark Release
5. 5 New Screenshots
6. Multiplayer infomation
7. TF2 Announcement
8. Gold Announcement

That would just about make up for the delay :)

wow we all wish.

30th i think there will be...

1) reason for delay
2) the official release date announced.

Originally posted by commando
wow there is alot of people STILL in deniel

???

You just quoted me saying it won't be coming out.

SRS?

My predictions.
Best possible case scenario: Half Life 2 is released in the shock to many.
Worst possible case scenario: Half Life 2 is confirmed for a 2004 release.
Most likely scenario: Nothing will happen.

What should happen: More information (movie, etc) about Half Life 2 or it's delay (reasoning, possible release date).

What will I be doing? Playing Operation Flashpoint, Desert Combat, Black Hawk Down, or browsing the forums for information.

I don't think they will reveal details on the 30th because it was the old release date. They'll just disclose the info when they're ready.

lol sorry alco i misread it wrong sooorrryy man :) :cheer:

hay Alco catch me later... i'll buy you a beer.

Originally posted by commando
i misread it wrong

you misread it wrong, huh

I guess that means you weren't trying to misread it hard enough. ;)

:cheers:

Originally posted by alco
you misread it wrong, huh

I guess that means you weren't trying to misread it hard enough.

:cheers:

he he sorry. i thought you said "it wil be out" not "it won't be out"

sorry.

Arrgh it is so annoying that valve delayed it 6DAYS before release soooo annoying!

So tell me, doesn't misreading it wrong mean that you got it right? ;)

All right, I'll stop buggin' ya, mate.

lol k?

so alco when you think it will be out? i hope OCTOBER!

Well as info would have it, I believed that they were all but done with HL2. I thought they were only testing it and such. So I'm clueless as to why the actual delay, since it'd have to be a huge bug to delay it this long.

I'm hopeful for October. Perhaps landing the 5-year HL anniversary on November 11? ;)

ah my prediction, well based on Valve's track record. (no offense)

sept 30th = nothing

nah, on the 30th they'll be like ... "what's that? Half-Life 2 ?? I have no idea what you are talking about !!"

lol

The date sept 30 is so familiar to me now its like the date 9/11 LOL

HL2's release. All these delays are just to surprise us when it actually comes out. Don't you see that ANYBODY can pose as a Vivendi spokesperson? Come on! It's that simple! Even if they do confirm it,is it real? There's a lot of assuming. I know Valve can and WILL make the SEPT 3OTH DATE!

And,Valve has surprised us a LOT in the last few months. The delays might be part of their secrecy plan. Like they did 5 years ago. It's all a giant chain. And,Vivendi announcing the delay in May or June was WAY TOO EARLY! I mean,that's too damned early.

I know the retail version won't be out, but I think Valve is going to do the ultimate mind f*** if they release HL2 via Steam. If they don't, I expect perhaps a reliable release date and the benchmark program.

Absolutely nothing.

We might get another useless 'honest' *cough* interview from Valve, but even they probably arnt stupid enough to show their faces for a while.

Sunbeam does have a good point. They probably might remain silent to let the heat cool down.

anyone looking for a reliable release date on the 30th or whenever is glutton for punishment. its like a kid putting their hand in a fan after it had already chopped off a couple fingers a few minutes prior.

ITS COMING OUT THE 30th I TELL YOU
I WILL NOT CONFORM!!!!!!

Originally posted by Owskie
ITS COMING OUT THE 30th I TELL YOU
I WILL NOT CONFORM!!!!!!

Me and Owskie know that the game will be released on the 30th, why question us?

Little Girl: "Why did you lie to us Doug Lombardi?"

Doug: "Um little girl, you seem to be a little misinformed. I didn't lie to you, I used maketing strategies all up in your hizzie! BIATCH!"

ITS DELAYED NOTHINGS HAPPENING!

I think alot of people will wake up in the morning all excited like they would be if it was christmas day. They'll quickly spring into a pair of jeans and an old t-shirt and bolt out the door. Racing to the shop they'll have to jump a few baby carriages and push over an old lady or two to get to the shop in good time. Then, when in the shop, it's a frantic race up and down the isles to find out where they are hiding the boxes. Most likely it all ends when the police arrive to find them holding the store manager in a headlock.

Originally posted by SilentKilla
Me and Owskie know that the game will be released on the 30th, why question us?

thats right...
we havent been brain washed

I predict that on the 30th, you guys will be there watching Spongebob Squarepants, minding your own buisness, when all of a sudden, the channel cuts to CNN with Breaking News!

Mass suicides over HL2 delay. Then they cut to ValvE HQ where you see litterally thousands of people with bombs strapped to their chests, running into valves hq! You then see a guy ignite himself by drenching himself with gas, then having a friend drop a match on him. He then gets into the trebuchet and flings into gabe's office.

Then gabe comes out with heavy guns. All of a sudden you hear

"Gabe gonna give it to ya, Gabe gonna give it to ya"

out of nowhere, as he fires his chaingun into the mob of angry suicidal fanboys.

Then the world ends and I implode.

kthxbye

Originally posted by Zeus
I predict that on the 30th, you guys will be there watching Spongebob Squarepants, minding your own buisness, when all of a sudden, the channel cuts to CNN with Breaking News!

Mass suicides over HL2 delay. Then they cut to ValvE HQ where you see litterally thousands of people with bombs strapped to their chests, running into valves hq! You then see a guy ignite himself by drenching himself with gas, then having a friend drop a match on him. He then gets into the trebuchet and flings into gabe's office.

Then gabe comes out with heavy guns. All of a sudden you hear

"Gabe gonna give it to ya, Gabe gonna give it to ya"

out of nowhere, as he fires his chaingun into the mob of angry suicidal fanboys.

Then the world ends and I implode.

kthxbye

lmao

The new Ill Nino cd Confessions is going to be released. :) I can't wait.

I really hope they give us SOME sort of release date that's just a little more precise than: "Holiday season"
Screw new footage/info. We've got enough of that and the rest we find out for ourselves.
We just need some kind of firm date and explanation. Is that so much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back