What do you really want from Valve?

Ennui said:
Merged your posts, capteeni, and for future reference, edit button is on the bottom right of your post.

I think Half-Life 2: Episodes will be the end of the Half-Life saga, at least for the main storyline. Who knows how many episodes we get, though?
Hopefully to infinity.

What do I really want? Updates that don't break stuff.

I once compared Valve to a vacuum cleaner salesman who succeeds in cleaning your floor but punches a hole in your roof while he's there.

Real Time Lightning rendering in the 3D viewport in Source SDK Hammer. Like the Doom3 engine based games.

xirow said:
Half-Life 2 Episodes are Half-Life 2 Episodes
Half-Life 3 will be Half-Life 3

And yes, I know Gabe Newell once said Half-Life 3 : Episode One would probably have been a better name.
I agree man, completely. For whatever that's worth.

"Throughout the interview, Newell refers to the episodes as Half-Life 3, and points out that they aren't considered expansions."

Lets see, Gabe mentions that the episodes are Half Life 3 more than once, they are not expansions but are parts of a full game, Gabe created the Half Life games, Gabe might just know what he is talking about, anyone catching on?

So if Valve really think Half-Life series are profit-making. They can simply call Half-Life "3" as, for instance, as Half-Life: The Final Strike. It is not necessary to put a number after "Half-Life".

Even if Half-Life's gonna end shortly, the Half-Life series have already become the logo of Valve. So why not whenever there is new techinology out, Valve can make a playable technology demo through the story of Half-Life. This gonna be impressive and Valve really needs not to deliberately make another separate Half-Life-game.

I'd like to see valve's take on a different genre.. I'm sure they could invent a whole new one. I'd like to play some kind of mass-cooperative online game

We've got Sven Co-op 2 for that one though (whenever it gets released).

bliink said:
I'd like to see valve's take on a different genre.. I'm sure they could invent a whole new one. I'd like to play some kind of mass-cooperative online game

Hmm, i'd like to see VALVe make an mmo.

SourcePG?

After Half-life has run it's course, Valve will move on to other things. I hope so, anyway.

Make Alyx a character, so it is a co-opt game. I can play it with my girl friend. Godd idea?

SDK update.

Edit - First post in mooonths, oh god I feel like an old timer after looking at all the join dates :p

indeed, this is my 1st post in a while

continual support for CS:S and DoD:S.

a half-life movie

i would really like-no love a halflife movie! going threw hl 1through hl 2 ep 3

I think a HL movie should steer away from Gordon as much as possible, as in you never see him. Lets say it starts off at HL1 about a kid who goes through the Comine attacking then ends up after HL Episode 4 as a resistance member.

Keep gordons name and all but he never even talks n all. Mention him throughout the movie etc.. I'd say this would be the best way to go. Keep all the events that are going on but from someone elses perspective.

Maybe a better SDK, more content, maybe a new multiplayer game mode :):):)

i mean like, hl 1 hl 2 hl 2 ep 1, ep 2, ep 3, like that not just hl 1 then after ep 3

Back