What, do you think, are the most overlooked hits?

Abom said:
No-One Lives Forever and Giants.
<Dances around Abom in praise for his splendid taste>
Does anyone know if there's any hope of a NOLF 3?
And let's not forget Grim Fandango (or did that do well?)

el Chi said:
<Dances around Abom in praise for his splendid taste>
Does anyone know if there's any hope of a NOLF 3?
And let's not forget Grim Fandango (or did that do well?)

There's been no word, unfortunately :/

The NOLF series was pretty much ignored and their attempt at aiming upmarket (the dismal Contract JACK) flopped utterly. There's not much hope...

System Shock 2 would definitely be on my list. Giants was a good game, but something about it annoyed me on a level I can't quite pinpoint.

And for some reason I keep thinking of SNK titles... *sigh*. Still depressed about the Eolith/Playmore thing, I guess.

Foxtrot said:
My friend has Vietcong and he says it really sucks....somthing about the AI does all the work.

It probably wasn't made for your friend. I'm really into the tactical shooters and realism... something that VC delivered very well. Loved going on an actual patrol in the jungle... the confusion of jungle warfare was amazing.

Sadly though, MP blew. The MP demo played far better than the MP retail.

uhh...am i the only one that actually went out and bought and loved and cherished planescape torment!?!?!?!??!?!?!

well anywho i can pretty much add vagrant story, rise of nations, and far cry is doing a lot better than people are making it out to do
here's proof; http://www.gamespot.com/news/pc.html look at the bottom of the page people

ComradeBadger said:
Soldier of Fortune II is a poor excuse of a game...
i love sof2, the multiplayer and blasting the shit out of the single player bots anyway. the single player's just not bad. also, craigweb, prince of persia is a FANTASTIC game, anyone who likes puzzle games and platformers go out and buy that game immediately

Seven Samurai.
It may be a disgrace compared to the orginal Akira movie, but it's still great, and even though the critics don't agree.
1)Critics can suck my balls.
2)The players who play it really, really like it.

System Shock 2..........an essential play in my book

Messiah......just for the bizarre levels and the look of it

Jagged alliance 2.......a real time killer of a game

Hidden and dangerous 2...........lack of multiplayer lets it down, but it has great immersion and atmosphere.

Mafia........not GTA but beautifully crafted

Serious Sam. Best final boss (and the run up to it) for any game ive ever played. SWAT 3 also was very good.

Another vote for far cry. And just because it was voted number 3 (or was it 2? blah I'm lazy) on that doesn't mean a thing. Look, they have condition zero in the top 10.

Side note: Seven Samurai blew, akira kurosawa needs to speed things up, that movie could have been 1 1/2 hours long and still have been pushing it.

Go see a good movie like The Big Country or something, or if you want to see tight(tight in the real sense, not as in "phat" or "cool") story telling see the original Lolita, directed by Kubrick, starring James Mason, Sue Lyons, Peter Sellers, and Shelley Winters.

SoF2 was bum.

I'd like to point out that The Thing was an exceptional game. Very scary.

I wasn't a big fan of NOLF 1 & 2. I didn't like the feel or the action of the game.

Well then I'm afraid you're wrong. The original was better. But you're still just plain wrong.

Back