What do you think of the Update?

Three bugs with the SLAM:

- If you place it on a physics object like a tripmine, and move the object, the SLAM floats mid air. Wonder why Valve just didn't made it physics object and place a constraint between the object and the SLAM. Seems like a logical thing to do.
- If you throw it, and the move close to a wall, so that it switches to tripmine mode, it's impossible to detonate the SLAM you just threw with RM. You can only detonate it when you're in 'satchel charge mode'.
- For some reason, the SLAM explosion doesn't, or barely, damages barrels, you can happily throw a SLAM in front of a barrel and detonate it, without blowing it up.

Well.. the reason why it's laggin is becaus its updating hl2 after it has updated hl2dm....

And i like the update ( New Weapons WEEEE!!! ) * Stunstick 4 ever!

I'm pretty sure the SLAM is also proximity activated (so it also explodes on contact with someone). Throw one, and put an object onto it. It will explode.

If this is true, it can be a VERY potent weapon, because: throw one, pick it up with the gravity gun, and it will be similar to the grenade, only it doesn't have a timelimit in which you can hold it! Of course, you need to hit the person directly with it.

Well I had a brief play on steamlabs and I was trying to use the SLAM offesively by throwing it at people and detonating it, but it didn't seem to work very well. It certainly did not explode on contact with them, if it had I wouldn't have died 3 times. It seems there's a period of about 3-4 seconds between throwing a SLAM and being able to detonate it as a satchel, which stinks.

I think more testing is needed in that regard, but I mean it's fairly useless if I'm correct because people can easily see it and run by the time you can detonate it (and that's what people did to me numerous times, and then killed me).

Back in HLDM you could detonate it all most instantly after you'd thrown it. It also had a much larger radius of explosion than other explosions do, which helped to make it more deadly and more accurate.

i didn't think too much of the slam, but the the other additions were f'in' awesome. there was one point in steamlab where the all the players were using the melee weapons.

running into a room with 10 players holding either stun sticks or crowbars trying to bash each other just pwns... :thumbs:

i think steam needs to burn in a fire along with valve hl hl2 hl2dm cs css cz and all the other laggy buggy scripted crap. flame me to hell and back im deleting this game and never returning to these forums again.

SLAMs are fun.

Melee weapons hit detection is way off and annoying as hell. Cheap kills AHOY!

SLAMs dont seem to have much value to me... I play mostly TDM, and my teammates always end up shooting mine b/c they don't know which team's they are... I would think Valve would have made combine SLAMs have a blue beam, and rebels a red. (or maybe they did and mine arent working right)......

I like all the content upgrades, especially the crowbar. However, the game crashes on me since the upgrade, which it never did before.

My game (dm and sp) will crash everytime since the update. I noticed quite a few people have this problem. I had a quick go on Steamlab - I thought it was pretty boring. I'm looking foward to something completely new...

Back