What do you think the age limit will be for Hl2

sHaDdoW

Reaction score
What do you think the age limit will be for Hl2 becouse i'm 15

The age limit should be like suggested by the ESRB as 18+, but realistically, I say 16+.

im 24 but people say i still look about 16,17, so i hope they dont say "how old are you" I always get mad when they say that at the shops. And when i say im 24 they look at me to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way!!!!!!!!

But i think it will be a 16+

sHaDdoW said:
What do you think the age limit will be for Hl2 becouse i'm 15

In America, at least, the 17+ recommendation from the ESRB is only a way to keep kids from buying Mature-rated games from stores. There is absolutely no law that says someone under 17 can't play M games in their home.

All you need to do is get a friend over 16, or one of your parents to buy the game for you, and you can play it all you want at home.

-UnmarkedOne

ESRB CAN SUCK MY ****!!!!!!!!!
I AM IN MOTHER LAND SO YOU CAN BUY WHAT EVER THE **** YOU WANT :) :) :)
AAAAAA MOTHER LAND :devil:

RussianEmpire said:
ESRB CAN SUCK MY ****!!!!!!!!!

Haha yeah, well over here in America a large portion of the parents are far too immature/inadequate to be parents at all, and will actually buy Mature-rated games for little kids who shouldn't be exposed to it in the first place. Many, many of those parents deserve to have their kids taken away for good, but that's a topic for another day and forum.

I have no beef with parents buying M games for even young teens, if the parent knows what's in the game and is sure their kids are mature enough to understand it. What bugs me is the parent that doesn't know their own kid well enough to know whether they can handle M-rated games yet, mentally.

Anyway, when all is said and done, in this country we're much better off with ESRB than without it, and until the government starts trying to regulate what games are played in the privacy of your own home, I'm fine with it.

-UnmarkedOne

age restriction

bah

whoever really wants the game is going to get it anyway. i've been playing violent games ever since I got my sega gensis in 1992

You won't see me hurting people. I am in fact so damn friendly, violent confrontations just don't happen to me.

This from someone who really liked the sof line of games for the sake of ripping people in half with shotguns

Lol depends which country you are in...
UK/euro it will be 15 probs
US...17??

Anyways lol...it won't matter...11 year olds can buy 18+ games in shops if they want...nobody cares about age restrictions :dork:

this game is bloody as hell if the screenshots are any indication. it will definitely be M

It IS M, but unfourtunately I doubt that will stop itty bitty kiddies from getting their hands on the game. Ah well, guess we gotta live with it.

I got HL in early 99 when I was still 12, so.... *shrugs*.

17 .... as chef wuold say ... 17 ... you're ready ... you're ready

Haha, I played Duke Nukem 3d when I was like 7-9 or something... so I say let the little guys play. :p

Letters said:
Haha, I played Duke Nuken 3d when I was like 7-9 or something... so I say let the little guys play. :p

i completely agree ... but chef would definitely say ... seventeen

You need to be at least 30 and still living with your parents to play Half-Life 2.

They really need to swich from this M,T,whatever crap to R,PG13,PG,G. That way moron parents know what the ratings mean and they can keep their kids from playing stuff like vice city. Hell, most of these games getting a M rating would not even close to warrant a R if the mpaa was in charge of this stuff.

Hah, if people actually followed the ESRB then 90% of the little kids on this forum wouldn't be here... hmm maybe then there would be some intelligent conversations?

Hah, if people actually followed the ESRB then 90% of the little kids on this forum wouldn't be here... hmm maybe then there would be some intelligent conversations?
You have far too much faith in the general intellect of the internet populace.

inferno is just too cool for school man ... thats all there is to it ... I wanna be more like him ... inferno ...

There should be no age restriction.... I want a 5 year old to hack a person to gibs using a crowbar!

ESBR suggests what kind of people should play a game... stores are not obligated to use the ratings (or am I missing something?)

Depends where you are.
Australia for example is always less then our American counterparts. HL2 will be 15 here while 17 in the states.
As for example, War3 was Teen in the states and 8+ here.

Really though, if your mature enough then this system means nothing (other the the legality of you purchasing a title directly yourself, though there is nothing stopping you playing it)

hunteraz said:
buying it = age verification as far as steam goes i think

So get your parents to buy it for you. Then show them all the cool stuff you can do with razorblades and zombies...

Ok, maybe not. :D

RussianEmpire said:
In Soviet Russia, game plays you!

Back