What Enemies Do You Think Are NOT Returning In Half-Life 2?

houndeyes. Heh they were great, but I always hated having to kill them, it didn't really seem like they were attacking you so much as running up to say hello, albeit with glass shattering intensity. They also died in a rather pathetic manner as well.....:|

It would be a real dissapointment if the Gargs didn't return, especially since the xen aliens are on our side this time. I want to see the combine die a fiery death at the hands of these things.

I wonder if voltigores could make an appearance, they did begin to breed amazingly fast in opposing force.

I don't think the Garg will be back, Valve probably has a lot more scary stuff. And besides, a strider would kick his ass.

Also, the grunts won't be back either I think, after all, they were manufactured by the vortigaunts, and that probably stopped when the Nihilanth was killed.

I think the creatures that were confirmed to return by Valve were the Vortigaunt, headcrab, zombie, bullsquid, houndeye, ichtyosaur and barnacle.

Those Black Ops assassin's won't be back either. But there'll probably be their Eastern European counterparts though. I think we've all seen the concept art of the white clad sniper women in high heels.

I'd like to see a good ol' Apache back in the action. On the resistance side, bit rusty but still functional. It would be fun :wheee:

PvtRyan said:
I don't think the Garg will be back, Valve probably has a lot more scary stuff. And besides, a strider would kick his ass.

Also, the grunts won't be back either I think, after all, they were manufactured by the vortigaunts, and that probably stopped when the Nihilanth was killed.

I think the creatures that were confirmed to return by Valve were the Vortigaunt, headcrab, zombie, bullsquid, houndeye, ichtyosaur and barnacle.

I don't think the houndeye has been confirmed, as much as I would like it to return. I'm pretty sure the others you mentioned have been confirmed by Valve.

On a related note: has anyone else noticed that snarks rock vs Gargs? I killed the one on Xen (on difficult) with 2 rpgs and a good dose of snarkage.

I hope the female assassins return - or that the new ones I've heard about are as fun :)

They should put the garg in as a joke. So new players will be like OH MAN WTF IS THAT and then it gets stomped by the huge strider =).

I love how people seemd to have extrapolated how the entire alien race evolved from HL2.
Perhaps Nihilanth was the boss of that 1 factory? We didn't exactly see the entire XEN planet.
Perhaps Headcrabs grow into something other than gonarchs, which then give off different offspring that grow into Gonarch's....
Alien Grunts were all over Earth so I dont see why would have gone, as Were gargs.
I WANT THEM ALL BACK!!!!!

i think the alien grunts and controllers could have survived the way that the volties did but its far more likely that they would have been hostile and riddled with bullets or went into hiding. Though i must say that if anything some of the gargs should have survived. Those things were nigh indestructable. Oh well here's hoping they make a comeback. Cause while the striders are cool and all they aren't all up in your face like thae gargs were. The gargs killed at close range which ment they had to chase you down. That made them scary. Getting killed by the striders is almost impersonal because they kill at leisure while the gargs killed with gusto.

Mr-Fusion said:
Houndeyes are returning.

No idea about the gargantuan.
Thats... Not.. A spoiler... FYI
Valve officially said it themselves. Go look for the interview yourself... Lazy...

And it's not "Gargantuan" hehe.

I know that the last boss won't return, Hydra takes place of Tentacle, Garg might not return... Hey, just though of this:
Notice, no big aliens are in HL2, because the Combine have cleaned 'em out. But Enemies like the Hydra are underground, deep in tunnels. Headcrabs, Barnacles, Zombies, Ithyosoars (sp?), and other smaller creatures are between the cracks, so the Combine haven't got them. Nor do they care I assume.

Any thoughts about that?

Wolf said:
You guys do realise that headcrabs of all sizes come from Gonarchs don't you? Why would there be headcrabs without them?

This may not be true because there are 3 different types of head crabs(that I know of) in Half-Life 2. They're in the leak anyhow...

At least four, maybe five types seem to have been confirmed from different previews and official screenshots.

Normal, Beefy, Black/Poisonous, Skinny/Fast, and Flying... or so we in the Speculation forum think...

Maybe there was more than one sort of Gonarch? Or maybe the different varieties are different life-stages or castes?

The originals from HL1 were definitely the offspring of the Gonarch.

I reckon the Garg looks like a sort of cave creature... so maybe we'll meet them in the wilderness at some point?

I don't have all these names straight, but the aliens I really didn't like were the purpley guys with hivehands (grunts?). Their weapons made them annoying, and they were by far the worst looking creatures. Their design doesn't stack up next to the other creatures.

Meh. I liked them. They sort of resembled a police officer to my way of thinking.

I hope they all back
I also dont like so much the design of some aliens
I hope valve will redesign then

Back