• Far Cry

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
Kadayi Polokov said:
LOL you honestly think I'm going to bother buying another tech demo from ID? Hell I was fool enough to buy Doom off them, and naive enough to think Quake might be an improvement. :dozey:
If you have actually tried to think about it, id didn't spend over the past 4 years doing nothing but programming.

I`ve said doom3 before, but after discovering(little bit late but..) STALKER I may have changed my mind. stalker is going to be the ultimate gaming experience though :thumbs:

I just can't believe solitaire isn't in the list. It's a graphical masterpiece!

One thing that bothers me about Doom 3 is the mod side to it - if it has taken the developers of the game, with their masses of artists, coders and sound technicians, a shit load of time and then some to get it working just right, how the hell is a small time mod team gonna make something that is even half as complex as Doom 3, that looks good and functions properly?

if it has taken the developers of the game, with their masses of artists, coders and sound technicians, a shit load of time and then some to get it working just right

id software don't have masses of developers. they are a relatively small team. They have always kept their numbers low, thats how they like to operate.

I really don't see what your worrying about. It's not abnormal for a game to take this long to develope. They started hl2 what 5 years ago? Don't sweat it.

By your standards hl2 will be even harder to mod for than D³, since it was under development slightly longer. :cool:

I think Half-Life 2 is the best all-round graphical game of the above. Doom 3 is alot more impressive in some ways but it has the feeling of being really cramped. FarCry is nice, but from the screens I'd say it falls behind just a little, although I've never played the SP demo on full details. STALKER looks nice but I've yet to see any gameplay in action so, meh.

You know, I was at first really impressed with STALKER's graphics, am still am for the most part. But I noticed they cut corners...

In one of the movies, he opens a car door and the texture is completely flat and ugly looking!

you forget to add Cronicles of riddick:escape of butcher bay in that list

IMO that game is also one of the games whit the best graphics so far

Back