What gun is this?

niddhoggr

Reaction score
[Removed]

Is that a real life gun, or is it some sort of alien gun? it seems to be shooting regular bullets. If it's a real life gun, what's the name of it.

niddhoggr said:
removified

Is that a real life gun, or is it some sort of alien gun? it seems to be shooting regular bullets. If it's a real life gun, what's the name of it.

An alien weapon for sure, don´t know any gun that looks like this one.

No it's not, it's a piece of an italian magazine scan. Anyway, just to let you guys know :

Those scans will come out as screenshots within the next weeks so i don't think there's any reason to remove it.

It's not. It's from a magazine...the one that starts with a V...

Don't you think I would have had the decency to get a closer look if it was a beta shot :p

I read about an alien machine gun in the PC Zone (UK) preview, but it didn't have a picture as far as I remember.

Looks like a cross between an M16 and the allies XM-29 SABR OICW. Other then that i hav no idea :rolleyes:

and....dunno if this has been asked b4 but will we b able to pick up Alien weps and use them?...apoligies if this has been asked b4 coz i dnt pay atention much

Hmmm... is a small part of a scan of a magazine screenshot the same as a small quote from a magazine?

Can't really make out much detail of the weapon, anyway...

I reckon there'll be alien weapons... it's already been said that the Barnacle grapple is coming back...

I think its just an OICW thats become extremely blurred, i could be wrong hehe

Lobster said:
I think its just an OICW thats become extremely blurred, i could be wrong hehe
Yeah, it almost looks like an OICW tilted with the scope towards the 'camera.'
But can the weapons in the characters arms be tilted like that? Have we seen it before?
On another hand, the barrel looks like it has points at the top and bottom, which is unlike any weapon pic that we've ever seen before.

I know it's a bitch, but I've had to remove the scan. Doesn't matter how big or small they are, they're still copyrighted magazine material. Sorry.

As for the discussion, it doesn't look like an OICW to me. The shape is wrong and the gun itself looks a little small compared to the build of the OICW.

Abom said:
I know it's a bitch, but I've had to remove the scan. Doesn't matter how big or small they are, they're still copyrighted magazine material. Sorry.

As for the discussion, it doesn't look like an OICW to me. The shape is wrong and the gun itself looks a little small compared to the build of the OICW.

Yep. I´ve been banned for this.
BTW: here´s a picture of the OICW aka: XM-29

http://world.guns***/assault/oicw.jpg
http://world.guns***/assault/oicw2.jpg

Victor2 said:
Yep. I´ve been banned for this.
BTW: here´s a picture of the OICW aka: XM-29

http://world.guns***/assault/oicw.jpg
http://world.guns***/assault/oicw2.jpg

Your old account will be back in three days, by the way.

Assuming its the guy that is firing in the gamespy Screenshot it looks like a GPMG with the Bullet Case pushed up near the front.

Anyone notice that this thing is the "Flare Gun" from the tunnels video? :D

I can't see it properly... might be the contrast on this dippy old monitor...

I can hardly see it, but it reminds me of the assault shotgun from DX1 more than anything.
It does remind me of the flare launcher too though.

KurtCobain said:
Looks like a cross between an M16 and the allies XM-29 SABR OICW. Other then that i hav no idea :rolleyes:

and....dunno if this has been asked b4 but will we b able to pick up Alien weps and use them?...apoligies if this has been asked b4 coz i dnt pay atention much

yup definitely - the hl1 alien guns were a huge feature and a fantastic showcase for the design teams brilliance.

Gabe's been quoted as saying they're keeping the alien guns under wraps for hl2 cos they're so cool

jonnyapps said:
yup definitely - the hl1 alien guns were a huge feature and a fantastic showcase for the design teams brilliance.

Gabe's been quoted as saying they're keeping the alien guns under wraps for hl2 cos they're so cool

caant waiaait any loonger -rips out all hair- ARGHGGHGHGHH!!!! (kills and eats commrade badger)

edit: 999 posts w00t

Direwolf said:
Anyone notice that this thing is the "Flare Gun" from the tunnels video? :D

Agreed. It's got that strange distinctive semi-circular shield-type thing just behind the magazine as seen on the nade/flare gun used in the tunnels clip.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
caant waiaait any loonger -rips out all hair- ARGHGGHGHGHH!!!! (kills and eats commrade badger)

edit: 999 posts w00t

hope you don't get ray_bees. lol :LOL:

At the very least the weapons models in HL2 look very interesting.

Back