what happend to the british

Rudi said:
WHAT hAPPEND TO THE BRITISH??

Best. First. Post. Ever.

There's already a thread on this.

And please don't turn into one of those "OMFG AMERICAN CORPORATION SUX" bandwaggoners. That's complete and utter bullshit if you ask me.

Because they were crap, I'd rather not play as Brits till they re-do them to the standard of the current 2 teams.

fourthed

but they aint comin back, its only wehrmacht and allied now.

not fifthed.

british are suck and got loser weapons.

Ennui said:
fourthed

but they aint comin back, its only wehrmacht and allied now.

Then they should at least call them Allies instead of always the US Army, because right now they make it look like WW2 was US vs Germany in France.

Wouldn't it change for each map whether you were US or British? But then, some of the maps in DOD:S may have had british instead of U.S., but I never bothered memorising them :(

loadqm said:
Then they should at least call them Allies instead of always the US Army, because right now they make it look like WW2 was US vs Germany in France.

I agree with that

I want a american bolt action rifleman. The garand sucks.

And yea, the british do deserve credit for fighting in WW2. Now the french on the other hand...

the brits are a must have. we fought longer and harder than america, and in dod brits are my favourite team, the rifle rules. flash totally sucks now, its disgracful that this game hasnt included the brits, and it says something about the american mindset. i wonder wot my gramps would say if i told him america was releasing ww2 recreation games without including the brits.. well.. i might have to stop him from laughing too much.
BRING THE BRITS BACK! im more disapointed with american attitude than i ever have been, and thats really saying something!

Okay, lets not take this in the direction of "Americans are t3h crazeh because they made no brits!1!1one! We fought longer, harder, etc."

Valve made this game with production speed in mind, and seeing as it was intended for a primarily AMERICAN audience, it would make sense that if they said "Okay, we have time to create two balanced armies. The germans/wermacht are a given, so now, the brits or the americans?" It's a no-brainer under the circumstances, by no means 'disgraceful', and if you included the brits, then you'd have no excuse for not including the Italians as well. And if it makes you feel any better, the AMERICAN produced and Developed Call od Duty, which features the Brits and Russians (who, by the way, fought longer and harder than either the Americans OR Brits) in equality to the american forces.

Lets not get into a "We fought longer than america!" or, "We saved your ass in world war 2!" thread.

What did DoD Beta 1 ship with? Germans vs Americans.....Now I wonder why they are only with it via DoD:S. If they did use 1.3b as a base that would be the reason why their is no Brits.

just bring back the brit team, its my favourite team, and it annoys me that they are not included. after all its just a change of uniform and some new weapons. BRING BACK THE BRITS!

and btw nickouellette the russians were bought into the war when germany invaded in 1941. so are you telling me that britain joined the war after that? rofl.
read a history book
plz ppl stop taking ww2 evidence from films, the films are innacurate at best.
saving ryans privates was a good 1 tho

Read a history book? Hark who's talking, time involvement means nothing next to military involvement. Since you so graciously pointed out that Russia joined the war quite a while after Britain, let's have a little math lesson:

Assuming we consider May 8th, 1945 (V-E day) to be the end of primary involvemet by both Britain and Russia, there are some serious differences in deaths: 28,700,000 for Russia, 366,500 for the UK. Now I'm gonna get a little tricky with the math here, so pay close attention 'who'.

28,700,000/4 (years of involvement)= 7,175,000 deaths per year for Russia.
366,500/6 = 61083 deaths per year

Ah, but of course you'd probably tell me to go read a history book if I stopped there, gauging deaths as military involvement. So perhaps I should further point out that Russia didn't rely on the arrival of a foreign power to turn the tide of battle in their favor... and oh yeah, 80% of Germany's military forces were devoted SOLELY to fighting Russia.

Don't double post.

using your maths.. I calculate that one very small island with a small amount of troops managed to last far longer than any maths lesson might project.
and I have been unfair , the american contribution to the war was most wanted, and of course during this time you had other batlles to fight.

I would like to comment on how much I admire America for the amount of pride you have in your United States, it is something I feel that the Brits have lost (since labour came to power)..(and a certain war)..
Pride is a great thing, make sure you never loose it.
but dont get arrogant, we might think your joking.
You have picked up some great stuff from Hollywood. ; "do or do not there is no try" - seems to fit,
Americans you are my friends, and i love having good debates.
remember anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

dont fear ignorance, imbrace it because we all live it.

technicaly the Polish were in ww2 for the longest, the British forces joined along with many other eurpoean forces when the Germans invaded Poland and refused to leave (spetember 3rd 1939) if european forces hadnt intervened at this point the world would be a very different place now.

Also Britain helped you fight against japan right up until the point of surrender, we didnt stop when hitler was defeated, we helped you all the way.

this from a major history dude.

Chris"Heaven is lying in your arms" says:
the americans joined in the fight after the naval halting of the germans and the battle of britain, where the allied forces were about to get on top. As it happened we would have according to ALL historians ( minus the american ones) one ww2 without the usa, it would have just been much bloodier and longer and with the risk of a german counter that would win it for them
Chris"Heaven is lying in your arms" says:
the american help sorta "sealed the deal"

it doesn't matter if you like the brits or hate them and want them to never return

the fact is valve will be the judge of that...and from the looks of it they're not improving on dod:s a single bit in the believability and historical accuracy department. they only made things more specific. except the germans and americans look like stupid generic cartoons.

where's the zeltbahn? why are they using the crappy helmet texture? looks like it got burned.

what about the russians???

they played the biggest allied part in WW2

Meh the Americans only ever get involved in something if it effects them somehow. World War 1 America joined late into the war. World War 2 Same as 1.

btw Germany had an excellent attack plan regarding Russia and France. However it backfired during World War 1 and didn't go so well during World War 2.

ok so, new models, change of guns, whats the problem?
its not like im asking for half life 3

Kyo said:
btw Germany had an excellent attack plan regarding Russia and France. However it backfired during World War 1...

German general #1: Ok, here is what we do. We sneak around really quiet like, and as fast as possible and catch them off guard. Good plan, eh?

German general #2: What if they mobilize their forces?

German general #1: Focking newb, that will nevar happen. To war!

who said:
the brits are a must have. we fought longer and harder than america, and in dod brits are my favourite team, the rifle rules. flash totally sucks now, its disgracful that this game hasnt included the brits, and it says something about the american mindset. i wonder wot my gramps would say if i told him america was releasing ww2 recreation games without including the brits.. well.. i might have to stop him from laughing too much.
BRING THE BRITS BACK! im more disapointed with american attitude than i ever have been, and thats really saying something!

Jesus Christ, there is so much irony and hypocrisy in that post it's almost depressing.

in the source universe America was too late and they were finished off by jerry.

Jesus Christ, there is so much irony and hypocrisy in that post it's almost depressing.

only almost? lol
unfortunatly no irony or hypocrisy in there.:rolling:- dictionary methinks
(its not that i dont value your opinion) rofl:E

apparently America is getting a historical view of britain today via our most cherished building (or one of them), maybe ull see inside buckingham? or is it windsor, why do i care, ive seen the crown jewels with mine own fair eyes.

Who you are wrong, and selfish to say any one faction contributed most to the War. TheSomeone is correct, you are being hypocritical. If you want me to explain why, I will in another post, but maybe I'll spare you to embarassment and let you reconsider yourself.

who said:
only almost? lol
unfortunatly no irony or hypocrisy in there.:rolling:- dictionary methinks
(its not that i dont value your opinion) rofl:E

apparently America is getting a historical view of britain today via our most cherished building (or one of them), maybe ull see inside buckingham? or is it windsor, why do i care, ive seen the crown jewels with mine own fair eyes.

Buddy, first of all grammar, already mentioned this. I'll let that slide though. You have to realize, that the royal jewels don't have "I LOVE AMERICA" imprinted on them. This is a work, of art, of production, of industry, a work, a work by a PRIVATE organization, that does not represent America. It doesn't have the British, because they chose not to, it's their choice. If they don't like the British, their judgement and you can't do anything about it- make a game with British and no Americans yourself ,we'll play it gladly.
My point is: A work of art doesn't always have to feature everything and everyone to exact precision. This is a game, not a history book.

Now, while you may be a "major history dude" I am a history major. If we wanted to rabble on about who worked harder, do you remember perhaps the "Lend-Lease" act brought forth by FDR to Churchhill which sold the British something around the number of 90 Destroyers, before the start of the war? Let us not forget the many lost souls of the Merchant Marine who sailed almost futily into the U-Boat infested Atlantic to give the British supplies?

England is a great country and ally, so I say this is no offense intended to the British. Just who.

Buddy, first of all grammar, already mentioned this. I'll let that slide though. You have to realize, that the royal jewels don't have "I LOVE AMERICA" imprinted on them. This is a work, of art, of production, of industry, a work, a work by a PRIVATE organization, that does not represent America. It doesn't have the British, because they chose not to, it's their choice. If they don't like the British, their judgement and you can't do anything about it- make a game with British and no Americans yourself ,we'll play it gladly.
My point is: A work of art doesn't always have to feature everything and everyone to exact precision. This is a game, not a history book.

His grammar? Did you even read your post?

durrrrrrr :x :x :x

celebeating3.jpg

i just had to post that lol

like the dude said, its a game, and i really dont need lessons on grammer from america, thx all the same, im happy i can pronunciate ;)

i dont understand what the problem is, all you have to do is make brit models and thats half the work done,

and i never said anything about britain winning the war, i simply argue that america didnt win the war alone, and it would be nice to see british models, maybe russian aswell, or italiain, and why not french, they did fight even if it was briefly.

and i really couldnt care less about spelling on forums ( its the internet, not a classroom :p ) if i spell badly its because i dont go back thru a post to see what ive mistyped.

and i cant stand playing as allies anymore, the rifle sucks.. bring back the brits!

Back