What happens at the ending? (Spoilers)

well i have a question and an opinion/idea

question: did chell survive? (i hope, im guessing the bit at the end was her lying lopsided before fainting or something [sorta like gordon in ep2. when u meet the vorts after a certain event happens *trying to prevent spoilers*])

crappy idea: tho it wud be a HUGE coincidence.. that it just HAPPENED to happen when u 'killed' GLaDOS, a portal storm could of hit? and well.. they are pretty crazy themselvs.. and could have potentially 'sucked' you n co up to the surface.

also i believe the cake bit at the end to be a little in-game joke.. just like as someone else said.. the lamarr bit at the end of HL2

also i believe the cake bit at the end to be a little in-game joke.. just like as someone else said.. the lamarr bit at the end of HL2
I don't think so. For one thing, the bit with Lamarr at the end of HL2 was something Gordon Freeman might have seen during one of the short moments when he was around Dr. Kleiner, so at most it's only a very slight divergence from the very tight identification of the player's perspective with Freeman's perspective that's been the rule in the Half-Life series.

For another, that was a very little piece of animation. By contrast, we saw a very long video sequence that strongly emphasized that, unknown to Chell, there's a room deep within the Aperture Science facility with a large number of modules similar to the four Chell destroyed, and there really was a cake. This is followed by the credits and song, which strongly emphasize that GLaDOS is still alive. That song was so important that one of the considerations in hiring the voice actress for GLaDOS was that she was a professional singer who could sing that song, and they lined up Coulton to compose early in the creation of the game. The designers went *way* out of the way to emphasize that GLaDOS is alive, and that Chell wouldn't know it.

I think part of what is going on is that GLaDOS is, after all, an artificial living thing, and so perceives things differently from humans. She was killed, and survived, because she had lots of backups; perhaps she both did and did not want Chell to succeed in killing her, because it was a final test that GLaDOS designed.

I think that part of GLaDOS's apparent madness was a result of contradictory goals in her programming -- this was the source of HAL 9000's madness, in the novel version of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

ohh i get you know. i guess when we think of it like that..... well done =]

i do hope chell's adventures some how mix into HL3(?) possibly her and adrian shephard who knows!!!!?!?

There was no "lamarr bit" at the end of HL2...

And Trolder... /slaps

Back