What happens if an object is too big for a portal?

It clearly shows sentry guns in the trailer... but as someone mentioned already you can't actually get an infinite loop because the bullet would just hit whatever fired it.

I'm sure that the guys either implemented a "jitter factor" (where each time it just changes the orientation a bit, and thus it would _always_ exit the loop.)

You can only have an infinite loop if you fired the bullet dead on at a perfect 90 degree perpendicular, and that is why the jitter factor above would be important.

The other solution could just be a length issue where after 500m or whatever the line/hit trace is "dead".

There's so many ways you could prevent it from happening, and obviously we could speculate all we weant, but guys I promise you that these guys have it covered, and that the game won't "lock up" or freeze or do anything like that...

As I said in another thread, don't worry about the technical issues of the game, because they are all being handled... Ignorance is bliss!

Iced_Eagle said:
You can only have an infinite loop if you fired the bullet dead on at a perfect 90 degree perpendicular, and that is why the jitter factor above would be important.

And if you fired at that angle, wouldn't the bullet hit you in the back? I don't think it's a problem.

Back